|Now at||Edinburgh University Library|
|Size||14.5 cm by 10.8 cm|
|Type||Byzantine / mixed|
|Note||in bad condition|
Minuscule 563 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 160 (in the Soden numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 11th century. Scrivener labelled it by number 519.
The codex contains a complete text of the four Gospels on 198 parchment leaves (size 14.5 cm by 10.8 cm), with only one lacuna in John 21:19-25. The manuscript was written by many hands. The writing is in one column per page, 20-26 lines per page.
It contains the tables of the κεφαλαια before every Gospel, numerals of the κεφαλαια are given at the margin, the τιτλοι, the Ammonian Sections (in Mark 239 - 16:16), the Eusebian Canons, lectionary markings, subscriptions at the end of each of the Gospels, and pictures.
The manuscript has survived in bad condition.
The Greek text of the codex Hermann von Soden classified to the textual family Kx. Aland did not placed it in any Category. According to Claremont Profile Method it represents the textual family Kx in Luke 10. In Luke it represents mixed text, in Luke 20 it has mixed Byzantine text.
The manuscript was brought from the East by Sir John Chielsey, who presented it to the library in 1650. The manuscript was announced by Gustav Haenel. It was added to the list of New Testament manuscripts by Scrivener.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 68.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 80. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament, vol. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 250.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig. p. 203.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 63. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Gustavus Haenel, Catalogi librorum manuscriptorum qui in bibliothecis Galliae, Helvetiae, Belgii, Britaniae M., Hispaniae, Lusitaniae Asservantur, Lipsiae 1830.