|New Testament manuscript
|Text||Catholic epistles, Paul, Revelation|
|Now at||Laurentian Library|
|Size||18.5 cm by 13 cm|
Minuscule 620 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), α 207 (von Soden), is a Greek–Latin diglot minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 12th century. The manuscript is lacunose. Tischendorf labeled it by 149a, 349p, and 180r.
The codex contains the text of the Catholic epistles, Pauline epistles, and Book of Revelation on 150 parchment leaves (size 18.5 cm by 13 cm) with some lacunae. Written in two columns per page, 32 lines per page. Everything is written in abbreviations. It contains subscriptions at the end of each book with numbers of στιχοι.
The manuscript was added to the list of New Testament manuscripts by Johann Martin Augustin Scholz, who slightly examined its text in Book of Acts. Gregory saw the manuscript in 1886. The Greek text of Apocalypse was examined by Herman C. Hoskier.
Formerly it was labeled by 149a, 349p, and 180r. In 1908 Gregory gave the number 620 to it.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 69.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 83.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 295.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 276.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Herman C. Hoskier, Concerning the Text of the Apocalypse: Collation of All Existing Available Greek Documents with the Standard Text of Stephen’s Third Edition Together with the Testimony of Versions, Commentaries and Fathers. vol. 1 (London: Bernard Quaritch, Ltd., 1929), pp. 595 f.