|Text||Acts, Catholic epistles, Paul|
|Now at||Christ Church, Oxford|
|Size||17.5 cm by 13.5 cm|
|Hand||small and neat|
Minuscule 638 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), α 188 (von Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically to the 11th century. The manuscript is lacunose. Scrivener labelled it by 191a and 245p.
The codex contains the text of the Acts of the Apostles, Catholic epistles, Pauline epistles, on 306 parchment leaves (size 17.5 cm by 13.5 cm), with lacuna (Acts 1:1-11). It is written in one columns per page, 23 lines per page.
It contains Prolegomena, Euthalian Apparatus, tables of the κεφαλαια before each book, numbers of the κεφαλαια, τιτλοι at the top, Synaxarion, Menologion, subscriptions at the end of each book, numbers of στιχοι in subscriptions, and scholia. It contains a catena added by a later hand and dated to the 1312.
The manuscript was examined by Walker. It was added to the list of the New Testament manuscripts by Scrivener. Gregory saw the manuscript in 1886.
Formerly it was labelled it by 191a and 245p. In 1908 Gregory gave the number 638 to it.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 70.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 84.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament, vol. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 298.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 280.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Handschriftenliste at the Münster Institute