|Text||Acts, Catholic epistles, Paul †|
|Now at||Christ Church, Oxford|
|Size||20.5 by 15.5 cm|
Minuscule 639 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering, α 169 Soden). It is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on a parchment. It is dated palaeographically to the 11th century. The manuscript is lacunose. Formerly it was labeled by 192a and 246p.
The codex contains the text of the Acts of the Apostles, Catholic epistles, and Pauline epistles on 237 parchment leaves (20.5 by 15.5 cm) with some lacunae (Acts 21:6-23; 1 Peter 5:10-14). Some leaves were supplied on paper by a later hand. The text is written in one column per page, 22-24 lines per page in minuscule letters. The last folio, no. 237, is a palimpsest, the lower text was written in uncial letters, and belongs to the codex 0132.
It contains Prolegomena, tables of the κεφαλαια to the Catholic epistles, numbers of the κεφαλαια (chapters), lectionary markings at the margin, subscriptions at the end of each book, and numbers of στιχοι. Some lacking leaves were supplied in 14th century on a paper, by one Micheal (Acts 1:1-3:20; 7:27-10:26; 10:38-11:19; 12:2-15:25).
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 70.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 85.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 280.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894 (2005 reprint)). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 298.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- G.W. Kitchin, Catalogus codicum mss. qui in bibliotheca Aedis Christi apud Oxonienses adserrantur, Oxford 1867, S. 21a.