Minuscule 898 (Gregory-Aland)
|Now at||Edinburgh University Library
Historical Museum of Crete
|Size||19.4 cm by 14.3 cm|
Minuscule 898 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε362 (von Soden), is a 13th-century Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament on parchment. It has marginalia. The manuscript has not survived in complete condition.
The codex contains the text of the four Gospels, on 97 parchment leaves (size 19.4 cm by 14.3 cm), with some lacunae. The text is written in one column per page, 28 lines per page. It contains also liturgical books with hagiographies: Synaxarion and Menologion.
The text of the Gospels is divided according to the Ammonian Sections (in Mark 236 sections, the last section in Mark 16:14), whose numbers are given at the margin. There is no references to the Eusebian Canons.
It contains subscriptions at the end of each of the Gospels. Lectionary markings at the margin (for liturgical use) were added by a later hand.
According to the Claremont Profile Method it represents the textual family Kx in Luke 10, in Luke 1 it has a mixture of Byzantine textual families, in Luke 20 no profile was made because the manuscript is defective. The manuscript has also some lacunae in Luke 1 and Luke 10. It has some textual relationship to Codex Campianus.
The manuscript was added to the list of New Testament manuscripts by Gregory (898e). It was not on the Scrivener's list, but it was added to his list by Edward Miller in the 4th edition of A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 78.
- Aland, Kurt; M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 100. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 230–231.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 67. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 276.
- Aland, B.; Aland, K.; J. Karavidopoulos, C. M. Martini, B. Metzger, A. Wikgren (1993). The Greek New Testament (4 ed.). Stuttgart: United Bible Societies. p. 18*. ISBN 978-3-438-05110-3.
- Nestle, Eberhard et Erwin; communiter ediderunt: B. et K. Aland, J. Karavidopoulos, C. M. Martini, B. M. Metzger (2001). Novum Testamentum Graece (27 ed.). Stuttgart: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft. p. 812. ISBN 978-3-438-05100-4.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 8 April 2013.