Minute by Minute
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)|
|Minute by Minute|
|Studio album by The Doobie Brothers|
|Released||December 1, 1978|
|Recorded||1978 at Warner Brothers Studios, North Hollywood, California|
|The Doobie Brothers chronology|
|Singles from Minute by Minute|
|Rolling Stone||(mixed) |
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
Minute by Minute is the eighth studio album by American rock band The Doobie Brothers, released in 1978. The album contains their biggest hit, the Grammy-winning "What a Fool Believes," which was co-written by Kenny Loggins and simultaneously released on his 1978 album Nightwatch. "Depending on You" and the title track were also released as singles. The album would be the last to include members Jeff "Skunk" Baxter and John Hartman.
- "Here to Love You" (McDonald) – 3:58
- "What a Fool Believes" (McDonald, Loggins) – 3:41
- "Minute by Minute" (McDonald, Abrams) – 3:26
- "Dependin' on You" (Simmons, McDonald) – 3:44
- "Don't Stop to Watch the Wheels" (Simmons, Baxter, Michael Ebert) – 3:26
- "Open Your Eyes" (McDonald, Abrams, Henderson) – 3:18
- "Sweet Feelin'" (Simmons, Templeman) – 2:41
- "Steamer Lane Breakdown" (Simmons) – 3:24
- "You Never Change" (Simmons) – 3:26
- "How Do the Fools Survive?" (McDonald, Carole Bayer Sager) – 5:12
The Doobie Brothers:
- Patrick Simmons - guitar, vocals
- Jeff "Skunk" Baxter - guitar, steel guitar
- Michael McDonald - keyboards, synthesizers, vocals
- Tiran Porter - bass, vocals
- John Hartman - drums
- Keith Knudsen - drums, vocals
- Bobby LaKind - congas, vocals
- Tom Johnston - vocals on "Don't Stop to Watch the Wheels"
- Nicolette Larson - vocals on "Sweet Feelin'" and "Dependin' on You"
- Rosemary Butler - vocals on "Here to Love You" and "Dependin' on You"
- Norton Buffalo - harmonica
- Herb Pederson - banjo
- Byron Berline - fiddle
- Lester Abrams - electric piano on "How Do the Fools Survive"
- Bill Payne - synthesizer (with Michael McDonald) on "What a Fool Believes" and "Minute by Minute"
- Andrew Love - saxophone
- Ben Cauley - trumpet
- Ted Templeman - percussion
Michael Jackson said he contributed back up vocals on "What a Fool Believes", "Here to Love You" and "Minute by Minute" for the album, but he is not credited on the album.
- Producer: Ted Templeman
- Engineer: Donn Landee
- Cover design: Bruce Steinberg
- Arranger: Michael McDonald
- Conductor: Bobby LaKind
|1979||"Dependin' on You"||Pop Singles||25|
|1979||"Minute by Minute"||Black Singles||74|
|1979||"Minute by Minute"||Pop Singles||14|
|1979||"What a Fool Believes"||Black Singles||72|
|1979||"What a Fool Believes"||Club Play Singles||40|
|1979||"What a Fool Believes"||Pop Singles||1|
Spirits Having Flown by Bee Gees
|Billboard 200 number-one album
April 7–20, 1979
April 28 - May 18, 1979
Breakfast in America by Supertramp