|The Municipality of
Location of Mirassol
|• Mayor||José Ricci Júnior|
|• Total||243.161 km2 (93.885 sq mi)|
|Elevation||587 m (1,926 ft)|
|• Density||221.22/km2 (573.0/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-3 (UTC-3)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-2 (UTC-2)|
|Area code(s)||+55 17|
|Website||Prefecture of Mirassol, São Paulo|
Mirassol is a city and municipality in the state of São Paulo, Brazil. The city is located on the north/northwest portion of the state, 453 km from the city of São Paulo and 15 km from São José do Rio Preto. Mirassol has 53,792 inhabitants (IBGE/2010).
The city belongs to the Microregion of São José do Rio Preto.
The city was founded on September 8, 1910, by Joaquim da Costa Penha, with the name of São Pedro da Mata Una. In November 27, 1919, the village changes its name to Mirassol, being elevated to district.
The city was officially established as a municipality in December 23, 1924.
There weren't homicides in the year 2008. In 2007, Mirassol had 1 homicide.
- Area: 243.80 km²
- Urban area: 47.07 km²
- Population density: 221.22/km² (IBGE/2010) - 222.90/km² (SEADE/2011)
- Urbanization: 93.9% (2010)
- Sex ratio (Males to Females): 96.35 (2011)
- Birth rate: 12.43/1,000 inhab. (2009)
- Infant mortality: 7.56/1,000 births (2009)
- Homicide rate: 0.0/100 thousand ppl (2008)
- HDI: 0.822 (UNDP/2000)
Mirassol Futebol Clube, founded in 1925, is the city's football (soccer) club. The team's stadium is the Estádio Municipal José Maria de Campos Maia, which has a maximum capacity of 14,534 people.
- (Portuguese) Prefecture of Mirassol
- "Distance of Mirassol to the city of São Paulo". Google Maps. Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- "Population at "Censo 2010"" (in Portuguese). IBGE.gov.br. Retrieved 6 Jul 2011.
- "History of the City on the Prefecture Site". Mirassol.sp.gov.br. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Municipal Profile at SEADE" (in Portuguese). Fundação SEADE. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Violence Map of Brazil". Mapa da Violência 2011 (in Portuguese). Retrieved 6 July 2011.