March 21, 1995 |
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||95 kg (209 lb; 14 st 13 lb)|
|NHL Draft||18th overall, 2013
San Jose Sharks
Mirco Müller (also spelled Mirco Mueller, born March 21, 1995) is a Swiss ice hockey defenceman. He is currently playing with the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League. Müller was selected by the San Jose Sharks in the first round (18th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Müller was selected 11th overall by Everett in the 2012 CHL import draft. "Over the last few years, a couple Swiss players played in North America and they told me how high the playing level is there and I’ve always been interested to play in another country, so I was very happy to be picked by Everett", said Müller.
On September 22, 2013, Müller signed a three-year entry-level deal with the Sharks, and will be returning to Everett.
Müller played with Team Switzerland in the 2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships in Ufa, Russia. Ahead of the tournament, Müller said "I'm looking forward to playing against the best players in junior hockey, especially the Canadians, Americans, Swedes and the other top nations. It's in a new country that I've never been to before and I'm excited to see what it's like over there."
Regular season and playoffs
- Mirco Müller wird hoch gehandelt 13 March 2013
- Eliteprospects.com team status
- Specifically, Nino Niederreiter and Sven Bärtschi, who also played in the WHL.
- Mueller, Mirco. "Future Considerations". Future Considerations. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- Yerdon, Joe (22 September 2013). "Sharks sign ’13 first-round pick Mueller, send him to juniors". NBC Sports. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- Mueller to Play for Swiss at World Juniors - Junior Hockey News 7 Dec 2012
- Mirco Müller's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Mirco Müller's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- hockeydb.com Mirco Muller, Kloten 2011–2012
|Awards and achievements|
|San Jose Sharks first round draft pick
|This Swiss biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|