Miró II of Cerdanya
He was the son of Wilfred the Hairy, Count of Barcelona, from whom he inherited the county of Cerdanya. His brother Sunifred received the county of Urgell, and his brothers Wilfred II Borrell and Sunyer I received the county of Barcelona. After the death of his uncle, Radulf of Besalú, in 920, he inherited the county of Besalú.
He continued the work of his father, contributing to the ecclesiastical restoration of the pagus of Berga.
From his marriage to Ava of Ribagorza, he had four sons and one daughter:
- Sunifred II of Cerdanya (915-968), who received the county of Cerdanya from his father, and became count of Besalú after his brother's death
- Wilfred II of Besalú (?-957), who received the county of Besalú from his father
- Miró III of Cerdanya (?-984), who became count of Cerdayna and Besalú after Sunifred's death
- Oliba Cabreta (920-990), who received both counties as well as that of Ripoll
- Fredeburga, abbess of the Monastery of Sant Joan de les Abadesses in Ripollès
- Gotruda of Cerdanya (?-c. 960), married Lupo of Pallars
Wilfred the Hairy
|Count of Cerdanya
|Count of Besalú
Wilfred II of Besalú