Mirror's Edge (2016 video game)
|Developer(s)||EA Digital Illusions CE|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, co-op, multiplayer|
Mirror's Edge is an action-adventure platform video game developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. It is the upcoming prequel to Mirror's Edge and will revolve around Faith's past.
A new Mirror's Edge game was officially revealed at the Electronic Arts' press event at the 2013 Electronic Entertainment Expo in June 2013, to be released on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game has been confirmed as a prequel to Mirror's Edge showcasing the origins of Faith, and will use the newer Frostbite 3 engine. Electronic Arts later confirmed that the game will be an "open-world action adventure". According to DICE's general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson, the sequel will focus on the first-person combat mechanics building upon the first-person movement mechanics that were present in the first game.
The game was featured at E3 in June 2014, and a prototype-like gameplay was briefly shown. It is suggested the new Mirror's Edge will focus on Faith, and why she is who she is, with the game focusing on more varied gameplay for the Runners, and suggesting they serve a greater purpose than in the first game. In January 2014, writer Rhianna Pratchett had announced on Twitter that she would not be involved with the new game and neither would most of the original team.
- Griffiths, Brendan (June 10, 2013) New Mirror’s Edge Game Is Officially A Prequel The No Sleep Gamer
- "You’re Not Dreaming: A New Mirror’s Edge Game Actually Exists". Kotaku. June 10, 2013. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Evans-Thirlwell, Edwin (June 10, 2013). "News: Mirror's Edge 2 announced – an origin story for Xbox One – Xbox 360 – The Official Magazine". Official Xbox Magazine. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- "EA announces Mirror's Edge 'reboot' for next-gen consoles (video)". engadget.com. 2013-06-10. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "New Mirror's Edge is open-world". gamespot.com. 2013-06-12. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- Robinson, Andy (2014-06-23). "Interview: DICE on Dividing Battlefield and Conquering Star Wars". Computer and Video Games. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Kieran Mackintosh (June 9, 2014). "Prototype Footage of Mirror's Edge 2 Revealed". Cheat Code Central. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- Lucy O'Brien (2014-01-07). "Mirror's Edge writer isn't working on reboot". IGN. Retrieved 2015-01-30.