Mirror's Edge (2016 video game)
|Developer(s)||EA Digital Illusions CE|
|Release date(s)||Q1 2016|
Mirror's Edge is an action-adventure platform video game developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. It is a reboot of 2008's Mirror's Edge and will revolve around Faith's past.
A new Mirror's Edge game was officially revealed in June 2013 at the Electronic Arts press event at Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013. It will be released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game has been confirmed as a prequel to Mirror's Edge showcasing the origins of Faith, and will use the newer Frostbite 3 engine. Electronic Arts later confirmed that the game will be an "open-world action adventure." According to DICE's general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson, the sequel will focus on the first-person combat mechanics building upon the first-person movement mechanics that were present in the first game.
The game was featured at E3 for a second time in June 2014, and prototype gameplay was briefly shown. It has been suggested the new Mirror's Edge will have more varied gameplay for Faith and the Runners, where they will serve a greater purpose than in the first game. In January 2014, writer Rhianna Pratchett announced on Twitter that she would not be involved with the new game and neither would most of the original team.
Mirror's Edge was confirmed to have a release date window of early 2016.
- Griffiths, Brendan (June 10, 2013) New Mirror’s Edge Game Is Officially A Prequel The No Sleep Gamer
- "You’re Not Dreaming: A New Mirror’s Edge Game Actually Exists". Kotaku. June 10, 2013. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Evans-Thirlwell, Edwin (June 10, 2013). "News: Mirror's Edge 2 announced – an origin story for Xbox One – Xbox 360 – The Official Magazine". Official Xbox Magazine. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- "EA announces Mirror's Edge 'reboot' for next-gen consoles (video)". engadget.com. 2013-06-10. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "New Mirror's Edge is open-world". gamespot.com. 2013-06-12. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- Robinson, Andy (2014-06-23). "Interview: DICE on Dividing Battlefield and Conquering Star Wars". Computer and Video Games. Archived from the original on 2014-06-25. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Kieran Mackintosh (June 9, 2014). "Prototype Footage of Mirror's Edge 2 Revealed". Cheat Code Central. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- Lucy O'Brien (2014-01-07). "Mirror's Edge writer isn't working on reboot". IGN. Retrieved 2015-01-30.
- McWhertor, Michael (2015-05-05). "Mirror's Edge 2 is coming in early 2016". Polygon. Archived from the original on 2015-05-06. Retrieved 2015-05-06.