Miss America 1924, the 4th Miss America pageant, was held at the Million Dollar Pier in Atlantic City, New Jersey on September 6, 1924. Mary Katherine Campbell, who won the title the previous two years, placed as 1st Runner-up. Pageant officials later instituted a rule allowing competitors to be crowned only once. Ruth Malcomson competing as Miss Philadelphia was named Miss America of 1924 against a field of 83 entrants, the largest number of contestants in Miss America history.
Miss America, Ruth Malcomson, and her mother, Augusta.
- ^ ""Miss Philadelphia" Designated "Miss America" for 1924". The Free Lance. 1924-09-09. p. 2.
- ^ International News Service (1924-09-17). "Beauty Queen Will Not Let It Affect Her Head". Indiana Evening Gazette. p. 1.
- ^ "1924 Ruth Malcomson". Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- ^ "Miss America History 1924". Retrieved 2012-04-13.
- Saulino Osborne, Angela (1995). "Miss Americas and their Courts". Miss America The Dream Lives On. Taylor Publishing Company. ISBN 0-87833-110-7.