Eesti Miss Estonia was identified for first time in 1923. The contest was held for the first time in 1988, 65 years after the first ever Miss Estonia contest was held.
The first Miss Estonia was elected in 1923, her name was Sinaida Tamm. The competition was arranged by "Estoniaan Film" and the main aim was to find a new actress. In 1923 the competition was arranged by a major newspaper "Päevaleht". Nadezda Peedi-Hoffmann was elected Miss Estonia and she held the title for 56 years,until 1988 when Heli Mets was awarded the title Miss Estonia ´88.Since then Estonia has had 15. beauti queens.
Miss Estonia has been participated in the Miss Universe pageant since 1993, starting with Kersti Tänavsuu.
|Year||Eesti Miss Estonia||Notes|
|1923||Sinaida Tamm||Did not compete|
|1925||Antonie Bergmann||Did not compete|
|1929||Meeta Kelgo||Did not compete|
|1930||Amalie Smager||Did not compete|
|1931||Lilly Silberg||Did not compete|
|1932||Nadezda Peedi-Hoffmann||Did not compete|
|1988||Heli Mets||Did not compete|
|1989||Cathy Korju||Did not compete|
|1990||Liis Tappo||Miss Baltic Sea 1992|
|1991||Erika Bauer||Did not compete|
|1992||Ruth Merila||Did not compete|
|1993||Lilia Üksvärav||Did not compete|
|1994||Eva Maria Laan||Miss Baltic Sea 1995|
|1998||Kadri Väljaots||Miss Baltic Sea 1999|
|2000||Evelyn Mikomägi||Global Beauties Sexiest Woman Alive 2000|
|2003||Maili Nomm||Did not compete|
|2005||Jana Kuvaitseva||Did not compete|
|2008||Kadri Nogu||Did not compete|
|2012||Natalie Korneitsik||Miss Globe Top 10, Miss Tourism International Top 10, Elite Model Look Top 15|
Representatives at Miss Universe
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
The winner of Miss Estonia represents her country at the Miss Universe pageant. On occasion, when the winner does not qualify (due to age) for either contest, a runner-up is sent.
|Year||Eesti Miss Estonia||Placement||Special Awards|
|1994||Eva Maria Laan||Unplaced|
|1997||Kristiina Heinmets||Top 10|
|2000||Evelyn Mikomägi||Top 10|
- (*) Due to personal reasons, the 1st Runner-up was designated to represent Estonia at the Miss Universe pageant.
- In 1993, Kersti Tänavsuu (Miss Estonia 1993 First runner up) became the first Estonian representative in the Miss Universe pageant.
- Other times that the first runner up replaced the original winner in Miss Universe competition are Mari Loorens (1998), Katrin Susi (2003) and Julia Kovaljova (2008).
- In 2005, Jana Kuvaitseva didn't compete in Miss Universe 2005 for unknown reason but none of her runners up was sent to Thailand.
- The pageant produces 4 Miss Baltic Sea winners: Liis Tappo (1992), Eva Maria Laan (1995), Kadri Väljaots (1999) and Dagmar Makko (2001).