|Also known as||Miss World Indonesia|
|Created by||Liliana Tanoesoedibjo|
|Country of origin||Indonesia|
|Original language(s)||Bahasa Indonesia, English|
|No. of seasons||7|
|Location(s)||Balai Sarbini (2005)
Jakarta Convention Center (2006–2009)
Central Park Jakarta (2010-present)
|Running time||180 minutes|
|First shown in||2006|
|Official site Miss Indonesia|
Miss Indonesia, also known as Miss World Indonesia, is an annual beauty pageant in Indonesia that sends its winner to the Miss World pageant. The pageant was established in 2005 and the winner was sent to Miss ASEAN pageant. Starting 2006, the winner of the pageant has been sent to the Miss World.
Aspects used in the assessment of Miss Indonesia varies from year to year.
- 2006: C2B2 - Beautiful(Cantik), Intelligent(Cerdas), Talented(Berbakat), virtuous(berbudi)
- 2007: BE SHE - Beautiful, Smart, Healthy, Eastern Value
- 2008: MISS- Manner, Impressive, Smart, Social
In order to represent her province at the National Finals, each delegate must go through an audition process conducted in major cities of Indonesia. Each year, a total of 33 delegates are selected to participate at the final round, one from each province.
- An Indonesian citizen, aged 17–23 years, not married, with a minimum height of 167 cm.
- Participants must reside or region from the region represented.
- Appearances attractive / beautiful, intelligent, and personality.
- Able to communication in a foreign language will provide added value.
- Prioritized who have special skills / achievement in a field (e.g.: music, dance, pull the sound, leadership, language, etc.).
Current special awards include:
- Miss Congeniality
- Miss Beautiful Skin
- Miss Healthy
- Miss Favorite
- Miss Online
- Miss Lifestyle
- Miss Sporty (2009, 2011)
- Miss Tourism and Culture (2005)
- Miss Healthy Hair (2008)
- Miss Innovation (2010)
- Miss Best Body (2010−2011)
- Miss Slim and Healthy (2010)
Fast track awards
To follow suit the format of Miss World, since 2011 Miss Indonesia has included Fast Track events. These events are held during preliminary round. The winners of Fast Track events are automatically qualified to enter the quarterfinal round.
Fast Track events which have been used since 2011 are:
- Miss Talent (2011−present)
- Miss Sports (2011−present)
- Top Model (2011−present)
- Beauty With a Purpose (2012-present)
- Nature & Beauty Fashion (2014-Present)
- Multimedia Award (2014-Present)
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
|Edition||Province represented||Name||Ethnicity||Achievements at International Pageants|
|2005||West Java||Imelda Fransisca Chiu||Chinese||Miss Asean 2005 - 1st Runner-up|
|2006||North Sulawesi||Kristania Virginia Besouw||Minahasa|| Miss World 2006 - Unplaced
|2007||West Java||Kamidia Radisti||Sundanese|| Miss World 2007 - Unplaced
|2008||East Java||Sandra Angelia Lim||Chinese|| Miss World 2008 - Unplaced
|2009||Jakarta Special Capital Region||Kerenina Sunny Halim||Chinese, American|| Miss World 2009 - Unplaced
|2010||West Java||Asyifa Latief||Arab, Sundanese|| Miss World 2010 - Unplaced
|2011||East Java||Astrid Ellena Yunadi||Chinese|| Miss World 2011 - Top 15
|2012||Bali||Ines Tjiptadi Chandra||Balinese|| Miss World 2012 - Top 15
|2013||West Kalimantan||Vania Larissa Tan||Chinese|| Miss World 2013 - Top 10
|2014||West Sulawesi||Maria Asteria Sastrayu Rahajeng||Sundanese, Balinese||Miss World 2014 - TBA|
By number of wins (Province)
|West Java||3||2005, 2007, 2010|
|East Java||2||2008, 2011|
|Jakarta Special Capital Region||2009|
Indonesian Representatives at the Miss World before Miss Indonesia
Miss Indonesia sends delegates to the Miss World since 2006. This is list of Indonesia representative in Miss World before the inaugural edition of Miss Indonesia.
|1977||Siti Mirza Nuria Arifin||Closed election||Miss World 1977 contestant (Withdrew)|
|1982||Andi Botenri||Closed election||Miss World 1982 contestant (Unplaced)|
|1983||Titi DJ||Closed election||Miss World 1983 contestant (Unplaced)|
|2005||Lindi Cistia Prabha||1st runner-up (Puteri Indonesia 2005)||Miss World 2005 contestant (Unplaced)|
Notes and references
- Miss Indonesia 2005 were sent to Miss ASEAN 2005. Indonesia representative in Miss World 2005 is the 1st Runner-up of Puteri Indonesia 2005, Lindi Cistia Prabha.
- "Vania Larissa Crowned Miss World Indonesia 2013". Beauty Pageant News. February 20, 2013. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- (Indonesian) Official website