Miss Julie (2014 film)
|Directed by||Liv Ullmann|
|Produced by||Tristan Orpen Lynch
|Screenplay by||Liv Ullmann|
|Based on||Miss Julie
by August Strindberg
|Edited by||Michal Leszczylowski|
The Apocalypse Films Company
|Distributed by||Columbia TriStar|
|Running time||133 minutes|
Miss Julie is an upcoming drama film written and directed by Liv Ullmann, based on the play of the same title by August Strindberg. It will star Jessica Chastain, Colin Farrell and Samantha Morton. It will have its world premiere in the Special Presentations section of the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival.
In 1890, in Fermanagh, during the course of a midsummer night, Julie (Jessica Chastain), the daughter of the Count, an Anglo-Irish aristocrat, attempts to seduce her father's valet, Jean (Colin Farrell). The affair quickly goes to some dark places, with power and class playing a key role.
- Jessica Chastain as Miss Julie
- Colin Farrell as Jean
- Samantha Morton as Christine, a cook in the Count's house, and Jean's fiance
- Driscoll, Amanda. "Colin Farrell, Jessica Chastain to shoot period movie 'Miss Julie' in Co. Fermanagh". Irish Central. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Toronto Film Festival Lineup". Variety. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Hanna, Beth (31 January 2013). "Casting Watch: Chastain Is 'Miss Julie' with Liv Ullmann at the Helm, Farrell and Morton to Co-Star". IndieWire. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Boehm, Mike (1 February 2013). "Jessica Chastain to star in Liv Ullmann's film of 'Miss Julie'". LA Times. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Chitwood, Adam. "Jessica Chastain in the Running to Play Jane in David Yates’ TARZAN?". Collider. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Monahan, Meadhbh. "Farrell among stellar cast to film £3.6m movie at Castle Coole". The Impartial Reporter. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Coleman, Maureen. "Brief intermission for Colin ahead of 'Miss Julie' shoot". Independent.ie. Retrieved 1 April 2013.