Miss Latin America 1983
|Miss Latin America 1983|
|Date||September 8, 1983|
|Venue||Four Ambassadors Hotel, Miami Beach, Florida, USA|
Miss América Latina 1983 was the first international edition of the Miss América Latina contest, and the third overall. The final event was held on September 8, 1983 in Miami Beach, Florida, USA. At the conclusion of the pageant, María Rosa of Puerto Rico was crowned the winner.
|Miss América Latina 1983||
(in order of placement)
- This was the first of two victories for Puerto Rico.
- This is the only time that the USA had more than two placements in one year.
- This would be the highest placement the Dominican Republic would achieve before winning in 1985.
- This is the highest placement Chile would achieve until 1994.
- This is the only time that Texas and California would place.