Miss Maryland USA
The first Miss USA winner from Maryland, Mary Leona Gage, won Miss USA 1957. However, she was later discovered to be a mother of two sons and was therefore dethroned. In 2012, Nana Meriwether placed 1st runner-up, but became Miss USA 2012 when Olivia Culpo won Miss Universe 2012.
Four Maryland titleholders are former Miss Maryland Teen USAs. These four all reigned in the early 1990s, and in fact four out of six titleholders from 1990 to 1995 were former teens. Only one Miss Maryland USA has competed at Miss America.
From 2006 to 2008, each woman who won Miss Maryland USA was the previous year's first runner-up.
- Winners: Mary Leona Gage (1957) (dethroned), Nana Meriwether (2012)
- 1st runners-up: Paulette Reck (1968)
- 4th runners-up: Betty Jo Grove (1973)
- Top 8: Allyn Rose (2011)
- Top 10: Rowann Brewer (1988), Marina Harrison (2005)
- Top 11/12: Carol Theis (1971), Tonja Walker (1980), Linda Lambert (1981), Angie Boyer (1982), Jennifer Wilhoit (1995)
- Top 15: Barbara Eschenburg (1954), Charlene Holt (1956), Diane White (1959), Royette Tarry (1964), Roselaine Zetter (1966), Sandy Clevering (1967) Rhonda Koch (1978), Kasey Staniszewski (2013)
- Miss Photogenic: Rowann Brewer (1988)
- Style Award: Megan Gunning (2001)
|Year||Name||Hometown||Age1||Placement at Miss USA||Special awards at Miss USA||Notes|
|2013||Kasey Staniszewski||Annapolis||21||Top 15||Previously Miss Maryland's Outstanding Teen 2007, Miss Maryland Teen USA 2009 and 3rd runner up to Miss Teen USA 2009|
|2012||Nana Meriwether||Potomac||27||1st runner-up / WINNER||Became Miss USA 2012 title after Olivia Culpo won Miss Universe|
|2011||Allyn Elizabeth Rose||Newburg||22||Top 8||Later Miss District of Columbia 2012|
|2010||Simone Feldman||North Potomac||23|
|2009||Gabrielle Carlson||Marion Station||24|
|2008||Casandra Tressler||Damascus||22||Miss U.S. International 2010|
|2007||Michaé Holloman||Fort Washington, Maryland||25||Cheerleader for Washington Redskins|
|2006||Melissa DiGiulian||Bowie, Maryland||20|
|2005||Marina Harrison||Severn||24||Top 10||Previously Miss Maryland 2003, 3rd runner-up at Miss America 2004|
|2002||Mistie Renee Adams||Silver Spring|
|2001||Megan Gunning||Fallston||Style award|
|2000||Christie S. Davis||Silver Spring||Sister of Wendy Davis, Miss Maryland USA 1994|
|1999||Kelly Donohue||Union Bridge|
|1998||Maria Lynn Sheriff||Bowie|
|1995||Jennifer Danielle Wilhoit||Annapolis||22||Top 12 (9th)||Previously Miss Maryland Teen USA 1991|
|1994||Wendy Davis||Silver Spring||Sister of Christy Davis, Miss Maryland USA 2000|
|1993||Mary Ann Cimino||Baltimore||Previously Miss Maryland Teen USA 1990|
|1992||Renee Rebstock||Pasadena||Previously Miss Maryland Teen USA 1987|
|1991||Lisa Marie Lawson||Crofton|
|1990||Julie Stanford||Edgewater||Previously Miss Maryland Teen USA 1986|
|1988||Rowann Brewer||Silver Spring||23||Semi-finalist (9th)||Miss Photogenic||Married rock musician Jani Lane.|
|1981||Linda Susan Lambert||Baltimore||22||Semi-finalist|
|1980||Tonja Annette Walker||Kingsville||19||Semi-finalist (7th)||Miss Teen All American 1979|
|1979||Jean Bourne||Silver Spring|
|1977||Twyla Littleton||Oxon Hill|
|1976||Linda Lee Potter||Adelphi|
|1974||Mary Jo Ruppert||College Park|
|1973||Betty Jo Grove||College Park||19||4th runner-up|
|1972||Patty Townsend||Silver Spring|
|1971||Carol Jeanne Theis||Silver Spring||20||Semi-finalist|
|1970||Beckie Price||Camp Springs||Top 10 in Swim Suit|
|1969||Ardis Fowler||Ellicott City|
|1968||Paulette Reck||Perry Hall||20||1st runner-up||2nd runner up at Miss World USA 1969|
|1967||Sandra "Sandy" Clevering||Silver Spring||19||Semi-finalist|
|1964||Royette Michele Tarry||Baltimore||19||Semi-finalist||Represented Delaware in Miss World USA 1970, did not).|
|1963||Marsha Barbara Metrinko||Laurel||Represented New York City in the Miss America 1964 pageant. Sister Michele Metrinko also competed at Miss USA 1963 as Miss District of Columbia and later represented the United States at Miss World.|
|1961||Gail Baxter||High Point|
|1959||Diane Dolores White||Baltimore||24||Semi-finalist||3rd runner up at Miss World USA 1961, mother of Miss Georgia USA 1989|
|1958||Patricia Vogts||Silver Spring|
|1957||Mary Leona Gage*||Severna Park||18||Winner||Dethroned after it was discovered she was married and had two children.|
|1955||Gloria Ruth King||Baltimore|
|1954||Barbara Eschenburg||Berlin||Semi-finalist/Disqualified (under age)|
|1953||Diane Gale Durham||Silver Spring|
|1952||Did Not Compete|
1 Age at the time of the Miss USA pageant
- "Kasey Staniszewski Crowned Miss Maryland USA 2013". Beauty Pageant News. November 5, 2012. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- "Meade, UMd. Grad Crowned Miss Maryland USA". WBALTV. 7 December 2004.
- "University Senior Wins Miss Maryland USA Pageant". Howard University. 1999-12-13.
- >"Miss USA roots sister on in Miss America bid". Hartford Courant. 1963-09-02. p. 20A.
- Woestendiek, John (10 April 2005). "The long, unhappy pageant of Mary Leona Gage". Baltimore Sun.