Miss Tennessee Teen USA
Tennessee is among the most successful states at Miss Teen USA in terms of number and value of placements . In the 1990s, they were placed first . They have the third (equal) highest number of semi-finalist (or better) placings and are one of only five states to have received more than three awards . Additionally, Tennessee is one of only three states (the other two being Oregon and Texas) to have won the Miss Teen USA title more than once.
Five Tennessee teens have gone on to win the Miss Tennessee USA title and compete at Miss USA, including Lynnette Cole, who won the Miss USA title in 2000 and Rachel Smith, Miss USA 2007. Both Cole and Smith won Miss Photogenic awards at Miss Teen USA, each five years prior to their Miss USA win. This makes Miss Tennessee Teen USA the only state and pageant to have two Miss USAs win the Miss Photogenic award at Miss Teen USA.
- Miss Teen USA's: Shelly Moore (1997), Stormi Henley (2009)
- 1st runners-up: Bridgett Jordan (1998), Alicia Selby (2003)
- 2nd runners-up: Molly Brown (1984)
- 4th runners-up: Tiffany Stroud (2004)
- Top 5: Casey Porter (2000)
- Top 6: Allison Alderson (1994), Lynnette Cole (1995)
- Top 10: Rachel Boston (1999), Rachel Smith (2002)
- Top 12: Jaime Dudney (1993)
- Top 15: Macy Erwin (2007), Kristen Rose (2010)
- Top 16: Emily Suttle (2013)
- Miss Congeniality: Missy Pierce (1988)
- Miss Photogenic: Lynnette Cole (1995), Rachel Smith (2002)
- Best in Swimsuit: Shelly Moore (1997)
1 Age at the time of the Miss Teen USA pageant
- "Kimbery Payne Greenwood named as Miss Tennessee USA Director" (Press release). Business Wire. 1992-05-28.
- Dexter, Jamie (2007-10-06). "Natalie Phillips crowned Miss Tennessee Teen USA". The Leaf Chronicle.
- "Tyner Academy student is Miss Tennessee Teen USA/Macy Erwin will represent state at Miss Teen USA pageant next August". Chattanooga Times. 2006-10-21.
- King, Wendy (2007-08-24). "Macy Erwin Scores Top 15 Finish at Teen USA". The Chattanoogan.
- "Crossville, Maryville natives win pageants". The Knoxville News-Sentinel. 2000-11-09. p. A2.
- Lange, Linda (1997-09-30). "Portrait of a beauty queen; Shelly Moore is dazzled, and dazzling, as she begins her year as Miss Teen USA". The Knoxville News-Sentinel. p. B1.