Miss Vietnam is a beauty contest in Vietnam that was held for the first time in 1988. This contest was initiated and organized by Tien Phong newspaper. The current Miss Vietnam is Đặng Thu Thảo, from Bạc Liêu.
Miss Vietnam is the first nation-wide beauty contest after the unification of Viet Nam. The contest was initiated and organized by Tien Phong newspaper, called "Miss Tien Phong newspaper", starting from 1988 and is held every 2 years. The first person to hold the title is Bui Bich Phuong.
From 2002, the contest was officially renamed "Miss Vietnam". Since then, winners of the Miss Vietnam contest will represent the country to take part in the Miss World contest.
|1988||Bui Bich Phuong||Youth house of culture, Ha Noi|
|1990||Nguyen Dieu Hoa||Viet-Xo palace of friendly culture, Ha Noi|
|1992||Ha Kieu Anh||Phan Dinh Phung sporting event hall, Ho Chi Minh City|
|1994||Nguyen Thu Thuy||Viet-Xo palace of friendly culture, Ha Noi|
|1996||Nguyen Thien Nga||Viet-Xo palace of friendly culture, Ha Noi|
|1998||Nguyen Thi Ngoc Khanh||Phan Dinh Phung sporting event hall, Ho Chi Minh City|
|2000||Phan Thu Ngan||Hoa Binh theatre, Ho Chi Minh City|
|2002||Pham Thi Mai Phuong||Phan Dinh Phung sporting event hall, Ho Chi Minh City|
|2004||Nguyen Thi Huyen||Tuần Châu, Quang Ninh province|
|2006||Mai Phuong Thuy||Vinpearl Land, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa province|
|2008||Tran Thi Thuy Dung||Hoi An, Quang Nam province|
|2010||Đặng Thị Ngọc Hân||Tuần Châu, Quang Ninh province|
|2012||Đặng Thu Thảo||Da Nang city|
Miss Vietnam at Miss World pageant
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
|Year||Miss World Vietnam||Residence||Domestic title||Placement||Special Awards|
|2002||Phạm Thị Mai Phương||Hải Phòng||Miss Vietnam 2002||Top 20|
|2003||Nguyễn Đình Thụy Quân||Ho Chi Minh City||Miss Vietnamese Woman Photogenic 2003||Unplaced|
|2004||Nguyễn Thị Huyền||Hải Phòng||Miss Vietnam 2004||Top 15|
|2005||Vũ Hương Giang||Hà Nội||Miss Jewelry Vietnam 2004||Unplaced||Best Talent (Top 15)|
|2006||Mai Phương Thúy||Hà Nội||Miss Vietnam 2006||Top 17||People's choice award|
|2007||Đặng Minh Thu||Nam Định||Miss Vietnam World 2007
|2008||Dương Trương Thiên Lý||Đồng Tháp||Miss Universe Vietnam 2008
|Unplaced||People's Choice Award|
|2009||Trần Thị Hương Giang||Hải Dương||Miss Vietnam Global 2009
|Top 16||Top Model (1st Runner-up)
Beach Beauty (Top 12)
|2010||Nguyễn Ngọc Kiều Khanh||Munich||Miss Vietnam World 2010
|2011||Victoria Phạm Thúy Vy||California||Miss World Vietnamese 2010
|2012||Vũ Thị Hoàng My||Đồng Nai||Miss Vietnam 2010
|Unplaced||Beauty Beach (Top 40)|
|2013||Lại Hương Thảo||Quảng Ninh||Miss Vietnam Sport 2012||Unplaced|
- All 3 Misses Vietnam in 2002, 2004 and 2006 was arrived late at Miss World since the Miss Vietnam contest was held too close to Miss World.
- Pham Thi Mai Phuong is the first Miss Vietnam to get into the semifinal round at Miss World.
- Although arriving at Sanya (China) very late in comparison to other Miss World candidates in 2004, Nguyen Thi Huyen still got into Top 15.
- Mai Phuong Thuy was highly appreciated at Miss World 2006. She received 14 out of 30 points in the Internet ranking, and got into Top 17 thanks to the audience's votes. Early 2007, Mai Phuong Thuy got into Global Beauties' list of 50 most beautiful contestants at beauty contests.
- The first runner-up Miss Vietnam 2010 Vu Hoang My is officially representative of Vietnam at Miss World 2012 which will be held in Ordos, Inner Mongolia, China.