|Miss XV: BFF|
Promotional poster with the series' principal cast.
|Genre||Teen drama, Comedy-drama, Musical|
|Created by||Jorge Durán Chávez|
|Written by||Jorge Durán Chávez|
|Theme music composer||Carlos Lara|
"A Mis Quince"
"Desde tu Adiós"
"Te Quiero Más"
"Solamente Tú" by Eme 15
"A Mis Quince"
"El Mapa de Mi Interior"
"No hay manera" by Eme 15
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||120|
|Executive producer(s)||Pedro Damián|
|Producer(s)||Televisa, Nickelodeon Latin America, and RCN Televisión|
|Location(s)||Televisa San Ángel in Mexico City|
|Running time||45 Minutes|
|Original channel||Nickelodeon Latin America
|Original run||April 16, 2012 – September 28, 2012|
|Followed by||11-11:En Mi Cuadra Nada Cuadra|
|Official Televisa Website
Miss XV (sometimes stylized as Miss 15) is a Mexican teen musical television series, it was inspired by the 1987 telenovela Quinceañera. Pedro Damián produced the series for Nickelodeon Latin America and Canal 5 in 2012.
Miss XV follows the story of two teenage best friends, Valentina and Natalia, (who were born on the same day at the same hour), who dream of the perfect quinceañera birthday party, and long to become the girlfriends of their respective crushes, Nico and Eddy.
Pre-Production and Background
Miss XV is inspired by the 1987 telenovela Quinceañera, starring Adela Noriega and Thalía. Producer Pedro Damián explained that the project is not a remake, nor is it an adaptation of the 1987 telenovela, Quinceanera. The project was first announced in late 2010, and filming began on October 12, 2011 in Mexico City. Filming concluded in Mexico City in early June 2012. There are 120 episodes. The program began airing on April 16, 2012 for Nickelodeon Latin America and began airing on May 14, 2012 on Canal 5. The series finale aired on September 28, 2012 for cable, and aired on October 26, 2012, for Canal 5 in Mexico.
A second season, in the form of a spin-off, was considered by producers at Televisa largely due the show and band, Eme 15's commercial success in Mexico. However, in May 2013, Eme 15 confirmed that plans for a second season or spin-off series of the show were cancelled. The show's producers declined to commission a second season, and instead, opted to focus on Eme 15's success as a musical act.
Original Cast and Recasting
In 2010, Miss XV (previously called Miss XV: Sueña Princesa) was announced as the latest television production from producer Pedro Damián as a collaboration for Canal 5, and Nickelodeon Latin America. Mexican actresses Danna Paola, Natasha Dupeyrón, and Renata Notni were all cast as leads for the telenovela. A trailer for the telenovela featuring all three actresses was released in late 2010. Mexican actor Eddy Vilard was previously attached to the project for a lead role alongside Danna Paola, but dropped out.
By the beginning of 2011, Miss XV was cancelled before production began for unknown reasons. However, in June 2011, the series was reformatted and recast. Most of the original actors previously attached to the project were dropped and their roles were recast. Casting was conducted in Mexico City during June and July 2011. Dupeyrón's role was not recast and she remained an original cast member. Danna Paola and Renata Notni were both dropped from the project. Paola stated that she was no longer interested and wished to work on her solo album.
Paulina Goto was cast as one of the lead protagonists, replacing Danna Paola. Eiza González auditioned for one of two lead roles. Gonzalez was considered for a part, but was later told that she lost the role because producers felt she was too old. Argentine singer and actress Brenda Asnicar also auditioned for a role, but did not receive a part.
In August 2011, producers had completed casting in Mexico City. Paulina Goto, Eleazar Gómez, Natasha Dupeyrón, Yago Muñoz, and Jack Durate were confirmed as the first five lead cast members. However, Pedro Damián revealed that producers were looking to cast third actress as the female antagonist "La Black Princess". In mid-August 2011, newcomer Macarena Achaga, an Argentine MTV Latin America television hostess and model, was confirmed as the lead female antagonist, "Leonora Martínez" . Miss XV is Achaga's acting debut.
- Paulina Goto - Valentina Contreras (Main heroine)
- Natasha Dupeyrón - Natalia D'Acosta
- Eleazar Gómez - Alejandro "Alexis" Reyes Mendez (Main villain)
- Yago Muñoz - Nicolas "Niko" Perez Palacios (Main heroe)
- Jack Duarte- Eduardo "Eddy" Contreras
- Macarena Achaga - Leonora Martínez (Villain)
- Gabriela Platas - Marina Landeros de D'Acosta
- Raquel Garza - Catalina Rosenda Gónzalez de los Monteros y Galicia de García de Contreras
- Verónica Jaspeado - Margara Ramona "Margarita, Magos" Contreras
- Sergio DeFassio - Rómulo Pedraza Sotelo
- Amairani - Juana Palacios / Lady Venenosa
- Reynaldo Rossano - Quirino Contreras
- Ignacio Casano - Sebastián D'Acosta
- Antonio De Carlo - Arístides Reyes / Magic Dragon
- Beatriz Moreno - Teodora Cuevas
- Oswaldo Zárate - Dosberto del Valle
- Fuzz - Lula López
- Pamela Ruz - Renata Domensaín
- Natalia Sainz - Tania Meza
- Alfonso Dosal - Maximiliano "Max" Menéndez
- Paola Torres - Fanny del Olmo
- José Eduardo Derbez - Patricio "Pato" Fuentes Pedraza
- Mariana Quiroz - Daniela "Manzanita" Contreras Gónzalez de los Monteros
- Lourdes Canale † - Filomena "Miss Filo" Zapata
- Charly Rey - Camilo
- Araceli Mali - Maestra Miranda
- Montserrat Fligelman - Federica Martínez
- José Pablo Minor - Princípe Antonio Hernández de López y Martínez de Cervantes y del Hojeara Camacho
- Werner Bercht - Enrique "Kike" Martínez
- Nicole Vale - Paula Gil
- Joshua Gutiérrez - Miguel
- Raquel Pankowsky - Griselda
- Nicole Fur - Debbie Landeros / Agente Rosa
- Hendrick Marine - Fabián Espejo
- Maricarmen Vela - Viuda de Robles
Musical Group: Eme 15
Eme 15 is a band composed of the six main actors in the series. The members are Paulina Goto, Eleazar Gómez, Natasha Dupeyrón, Macarena Achaga, Yago Muñoz, and Jack Duarte. The band will sing songs presented on the show. Eme 15's debut performance was at Mexico's Kids Choice Awards on September 3, 2011 in Mexico City. They performed their first single, 'Wonderland'. The official music video for Wonderland was filmed in October 2011 in Las Pozas, a park in Xilitla, San Luis Potosí. The music video premiered on April 4, 2012 on cafedecamilo.com 'Wonderland' was officially released for digital download on iTunes in Mexico on April 24, 2012. Eme 15's debut album was available for on June 26, 2012 for physical and digital release.
On December 18, 2013, it was officially announced to fans via the band's official Twitter account that the band would split up, following their final concert on January 5, 2014 at the Mega Feria Imperial de Acapulco in Acapulco, Mexico.
- http://www.televisa.com/noticias-espectaculos/423765/todo-listo-estreno-miss-xv Todo Listo Estreno Miss XV
- http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=228386 Miss XV no es adaptacion
- La euforia de 'Miss XV' ha comenzado
- http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=229326 Air dates Miss XV
- http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=251618/Terminan grabaciones de "Miss XV"; sigue EME-15 con promoción de disco
- http://www.elmanana.com.mx/notas.asp?id=290838/ Culmina ‘Miss XV’ grabaciones
- http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=279356 Miss XV" ahora en EU y Brasil
- http://entretenimiento.terra.com.mx/television/protagonistas-de-miss-xv-quieren-trascender-su-serie,b6cffdfd2f91b310VgnVCM4000009bcceb0aRCRD.html/ Un spin-off de Miss XV
- http://www.quien.com/espectaculos/2013/05/03/los-chicos-de-eme15-quieren-madurar/ No habra segunda temporada de Miss XV
- 'Miss XV', sueña princesa
- Danna Paola y Eddy Vilard protagonistas de telenovela Miss XV
- Elenco de 'Miss XV' causa euforia entre admiradore
- Cancelan la telenovela Miss XV… Sueña Princesa
- Paulina Goto desbancó a Danna Paola
- Eiza rechazó "Mis XV" por edad. Con Flor Rubio
- Asnicar & Suárez: crecer en los estudios de TV
- Miss XV arranca transmisiones el 3 de octubre. Con Flor Rubio
- Tendrá 'Miss XV' tres protagonistas
- El grupo de 'Miss XV' da una 'probada' de su música
- M-15: el nuevo RBD de Pedro Damián
- http://www.pulsoslp.com.mx/Noticias.aspx?Nota=94523 Miss XV grabo un videoclip en Xilitla
- http://televisa.esmas.com/entretenimiento/telenovelas/cafe-de-camilo/ Wonderland Music Video