Mission Bay Senior High School
|Mission Bay High School|
|Motto||Pride, Dignity and Excellence in everything we do.|
|Type||Public secondary school|
|Location||2475 Grand Avenue
San Diego, California, U.S.
|District||San Diego Unified School District|
|Colors||Black & Gold|
Mission Bay High School is a public school located in the San Diego, California community of Pacific Beach . It is a magnet school with emphasis on Academic Studies. The school recently introduced a new member of the staff, Principal Fred Hilgers in Fall 2009. 
In Fall 2006, Mission Bay introduced International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme courses.
Mission Bay also has a nationally recognized Jazz program, directed by Jean-Paul "J.P." Balmat (formerly directed by Ray Vinole) . This program consists of three groups: the Concert Jazz Ensemble, the Intermediate Jazz Ensemble, and the Preservationists (formerly the Mission Bay High School Dixie Jazz Band). The Preservationists are the only of these to produce any recordings so far.
The racial make-up of Mission Bay High is American Indian - 13 (1%), Asian - 174 (10%), Black - 242 (14%,) Hispanic - 876 (52%), White - 369 (22%). Approximately 83% of the school is bused from other parts of San Diego such as Logan Heights, Sherman, Shell Town, Mount Hope, Lincoln Park, Valencia Park, Encanto, Skyline, Paradise Hills, City Heights & Scripps Ranch.
- Shyon Hessamian Rapper, Poet, Psychiatrist, And Professional Iranian national team Olympic gold medal winning wrestler, A student of Coach Donald Samuels.
- Adia Barnes accomplished basketball player at high school, college and professional levels. Holder of the national high school record for blocks, holder of the all-time scoring and rebounding record for the University of Arizona, now an assistant Coach for the University of Washington and broadcaster for the Seattle Storm
- Jean Marc Barr French American Actor
- Dillon Baxter, USC college football player
- Matt Bush, baseball player, the No. 1 overall pick in the June 2004 Major League Baseball draft
- Amir Derakh (originally Amir Davidson), guitarist with bands Rough Cutt, Orgy, Dead by Sunrise, and Julien-K
- Arian Foster, collegiate football star for the Tennessee Volunteers, running back for the Houston Texans
- Skip Frye, legendary surfboard shaper, world class professional surfer.
- Mike Fuentes, drummer of Pierce the Veil
- Vic Fuentes, singer and guitarist of Pierce the Veil
- Rosie Hamlin of Rosie and the Originals (attended, but did not graduate) 
- Royal Jay Johnson,played in the Chicago White Sox organization, Mission Bay Hall of Fame
- Tawny Kitaen, actress (attended, but did not graduate)
- Jeanne Lenhart, senior Olympian, amateur volleyball player, senior pageant winner
- Casey Nicholaw, director, choreographer and actor
- Jason Parker, UFL player/California Redwoods
- Kevin Reese, Major league baseball player/New York Yankees
- Ralph Rubio, owner of Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill restaurant chain
- Betsy Russell, actress
- Richard R. Schrock, chemist and Nobel laureate
- Joel Skinner, Major league baseball player/coach of Cleveland Indians
- Marcus Smith, defensive end for the Dallas Cowboys
- Frank Zappa, musician (attended, but did not graduate)
- Mike Houghton, Drafted number 200 in 2002 NFL Draft by Green Bay Packers, attended San Diego State University
Sam Elgoual, Best Moroccan baseball player in the world.
- "Rosie's Life and Biography". Retrieved 2006-12-29.
- Mission Bay High School
- "Alumni and reunion information". Retrieved 2006-12-29.
- Thom Owens on Internet Movie Database