Peregrym in 2008
June 16, 1982
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Melissa "Missy" Peregrym (born June 16, 1982) is a Canadian actress and former fashion model. She made her feature film debut in the 2006 gymnastics comedy drama Stick It. She played a recurring role as Candice Wilmer on the NBC television series Heroes, and starred in the CW television series Reaper. She stars as Officer Andy McNally on the ABC and Global Television Network series Rookie Blue.
Peregrym was born in Montreal, Quebec, to Rev. Darrell Peregrym, a minister, and Vanessa Peregrym, a housewife. Peregrym lived most of her early life in Surrey, British Columbia where she attended Fleetwood Park Secondary School. She describes herself as having been a tomboy while growing up. As of late 2012, Peregrym resided in Los Angeles, but has moved to Toronto, in order to film police drama Rookie Blue.
Aged 18, Peregrym began her professional career with the Lizbell Agency. It was during her early modelling career that she was encouraged by her agency to move over to commercials. Due to this shift from print to screen, she booked commercials for Mercedes-Benz, Sprint Canada, and the Olympics. In 2000 Peregrym made her acting debut in Canadian based television series Dark Angel. Building upon her debut role, she booked guest star roles on, The Chris Isaak Show, Black Sash, Jake 2.0, Smallville, Tru Calling, Life as We Know It, Andromeda, Heroes, and in the made-for-television film Call Me: the Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss.
After an uncredited role in 2004's Catwoman, Peregrym made her film debut in 2006, playing the lead role in Stick It, a film revolving around a rebellious teenager who is forced to return to her former life in gymnastics.
Peregrym then booked a role as an illusion-generating Candice Wilmer on the television series Heroes. Billed by production staff, in promotional materials as "a female temptress". She was due to appear in the episode titled Parasite, but she made her debut appearance in a non-speaking role in episode Company Man the week before.
It would be on The CW's television series Reaper that Peregrym was handed her first lead role on a television show in 2007 to 2009. Nikki Reed initially played the role in the unaired pilot. Reaper was about a young man named Sam who became a bounty hunter for the devil. Missy played the role of Sam's love interest, Andi.
Peregrym in 2010 then booked a lead role in Canadian based television series Rookie Blue in the role of Officer Andy McNally. The series airs simultaneously in North America on Global TV in Canada and on ABC.
In 2012, Peregrym was cast in the leading role of Chloe Jocelyn in Yahoo.com's web-based series "Cybergeddon". Nine chapters were filmed and are available for viewing as of September 27, 2012. The project was supported and funded in part by Norton.
In 2006, Peregrym joined forces with TOMS, a non-political movement dedicated to provide safe footwear for communities in South America. Peregrym has spoken about her experiences in Argentina and of its impact on the communities she visited.
Awards and nominations
On February 17, 2013, Peregrym won best actress in a performance drama, for Cybergeddon at the 3rd annual Streamy Awards.
|2002||Dark Angel||Hottie Blood||Episode: "Love in Vein"|
|2002||Chris Isaak Show, TheThe Chris Isaak Show||Julia||Episode: "Gimme Shelter"|
|2003||Black Sash||Tory Stratton||Regular role (8 episodes)|
|2003||Jake 2.0||Girl in Bar||Episode: "Jerry 2.0"|
|2003||Tru Calling||Gina||Episode: "Putting Out Fires"|
|2004||Smallville||Molly Griggs||Episode: "Delete"|
|2004||Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss||Tina||TV film|
|2004||Andromeda||Lissett||Episode: "Time Out of Mind"|
|2004–2005||Life as We Know It||Jackie Bradford||Main role (13 episodes)|
|2006||Smallville: Vengeance Chronicles||Molly Griggs||TV miniseries|
|2006||Stick It||Haley Graham|
|2007||Heroes||Candice Wilmer||Recurring role (6 episodes)|
|2007||Wide Awake||Cassie Wade||TV film|
|2007–2009||Reaper||Andi Prendergast||Main role (31 episodes)|
|2010–present||Rookie Blue||Andy McNally||Lead role (52 episodes)|
|2011||Something Red||Amy||Short film|
|2012||Cybergeddon||Chloe Jocelyn||Recurring role (9 episodes)|
|2012||Cybergeddon Zips||Chloe Jocelyn||Episode: "Chloe"|
- Keller, Joel. "Missy Peregrym of 'Rookie Blue' Doesn't Want to Be Famous". Huff Post TV. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
- "Dead reckoning". Canada.com. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- Mills, Nancy. "Peregrym's tough cop role is just an act". usatoday.com. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "MoviesOnline". Interview: Missy Peregrym. Retrieved April 18, 2006.
- Bell, Amy. "Rookie Blue Missy Peregrym Q&A: 'Andy and Sam relationship gets tense'". Digital Spy UK. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Rookie Blue". abc.com. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- Afan, Emily. "10 To Watch: Missy Peregrym". http://playbackonline.ca. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Rookie Blue". ABC.com. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael. "Exclusive: Heroes Casts New "Temptress"". TV Guide. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
- "Full cast and crew for "Heroes" Chapter Seventeen 'Company Man' (2007)". IMDB.com. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 25, 2007). ""Heroes" co-star morphs into "Reaper" TV role". Reuters. Retrieved July 28, 2007.
- "Rookie Andy McNally". Global.tv. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
- "Cybergeddon". Yahoo.com. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
- Chmielewski, Dawn. "'CSI' creator Anthony Zuiker's 'Cybergeddon' plays out on the Web". The LA Times. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
- Stipp, Christopher (December 8, 2006). "10 Quick Questions". asitecalledfred.com. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
- "TOMS Company Overview". TOMS.co.uk. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
- "3rd Annual Nominees & Winners". The Streamy Awards. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Missy Peregrym.|
- Official website[dead link]
- Missy Peregrym at the Internet Movie Database
- Missy Peregrym on Myspace[dead link] – MySpace profile
- "Profile". AskMen.com.
- "Interviews". About.com.