The mist dragon, also known as the Draco Nebulus Obscura, is a type of dragon in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game.
The mist dragon first appeared in the first edition Monster Manual II (1983).
The mist dragon appeared in second edition for the Greyhawk setting in the Monstrous Compendium Greyhawk Appendix (1990), and is reprinted in the Monstrous Manual (1993).
The mist dragon appeared in third edition on the Wizards of the Coast web site in 2003. The mist dragon appeared for the Forgotten Realms setting in Dragons of Faerûn (2006).
A mist dragon is a neutrally aligned dragon which can take a gaseous form at will and appear as mist, and can breathe out a cloud of misty vapors which blinds and drowns creatures.
The mist dragon appeared under the "dragon" heading in the Tome of Horrors (2002) from Necromancer Games.
- ^ Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- ^ Breault, Mike, ed, et al. Greyhawk Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1990)
- ^ Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- ^ http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20031226a
- ^ Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 111–112. ISBN 1-58846-112-2.