MistaJam DJing at EXIT 2012
|Birth name||Pete Dalton|
|Born||Nottingham, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Urban music, bass music, dubstep|
|Occupations||DJ, radio presenter, actor|
|Station(s)||BBC Radio 1/BBC Radio 1Xtra|
|Time slot||19:00 - 21:00, Saturday|
|Station(s)||BBC Radio 1Xtra|
|Time slot||19:00 - 22:00, Monday - Thursday|
|Style||Electronica (Bass music, Dubstep), Grime|
Born in Nottingham, MistaJam grew up listening to the records of his parents and began DJing at local events at the age of 14, going on to DJ for Nottingham Hip Hop crew Out Da Ville and for a local pirate radio station. With associate Joe Buhdha, he ran SureShot Entertainment organising the UK Takeover UK HipHop events. He also acts, was trained at Nottingham's Central Junior Television Workshop alongside Toby Kebbell and Samantha Morton  and has appeared in TV programmes such as Peak Practice and EastEnders.
He has appeared as a regular character, "Minty" in the 2001 revamp of ITV soap Crossroads and most recently in the BBC Three sitcom Trexx And Flipside. In November 2009 he narrated the final, compilation episode of the BBC Switch series Chartjackers.
His show on BBC Radio 1, taglined the "Saturday Night Soundclash", is broadcast on Saturday nights between 11pm - 1am and is simulcast on BBC Radio 1Xtra. The show is part of Radio 1 & Radio 1Xtra's Urban Music strand on Saturday nights. Musically, the show claims to represent Dubstep, UK Funky, Grime, Hip Hop, R&B, Drum & Bass, House, Reggae Dancehall and "everything in between".
His BBC Radio 1Xtra show is broadcast Monday to Thursday between 7pm-10pm. The show covers the best new Urban music across the "broad spectrum" of genres and was intended to bridge the gap not only between the mainstream and specialist worlds but also between the genres. Taglined 'the key to the underground', the show also features his "Jam Hot" (record of the week)  the "Daily Dose of Dubstep" weekly DJ guest mixes and regular sessions from the BBC's Maida Vale Studios.
Since March 2011, as part of the show, the free Dubstep Download was launched and is available to UK listeners to download.
In June 2010, Adidas Originals approached Mistajam to host a video diary of Glastonbury Festival, including his DJ set in the East Dance Tent. The diary captures footage of interviews and Mistajam hanging backstage with his peers as well as footage of his hugely popular live set.
He has his own show on BBC Two called No Hats, No Trainers, which aired in May. The show was well received within its demographic and was commissioned for a second series, the first episode of which aired on 4 September 2010.
Mistajam also featured on a track with Knife Party in 2012, named "Sleaze" which contains Mistajam singing "until they kick us out, until they kick us out, until they kick us out, people move your feet" with vocoded effects applied to his voice. 
- "Radio 1 welcomes new talent to revamped evening schedule" (Press release). BBC Press Office. 2008-08-14. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- "About MistJam, Pete Dalton MistaJam". Mistajam.com. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- "BBC 1xtra – features – hip hop – UK Takeover 5". Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- "Biography - MistaJam". Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- Narrator: MistaJam. Producers: Jonathan Davenport and Adam King (21 November 2009). "Compilation". Chartjackers. Series 1. Episode 11. BBC. BBC Two. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5csWCO5STI.
- "Radio 1 Programmes - MistaJam, 20/02/2010". BBC. 20 February 2010. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- Alistair Parrington (11 November 2009). "MistaJam: Jam Hot - Boy Better Know - We're Going In". BBC. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- Jam, Mista (16 June 2008). "The Jam Sessions Videos - Ghetto". BBC Blogs. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- "Adidas originals Approach MistaJam". Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- "Mistjam Biography". Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- Official website
- MistaJam on Twitter
- MistaJam at BBC Programmes (Radio 1Xtra)
- MistaJam's Blog at BBC Online
- MistaJam on Radio 1 Updated Downloads and Tracklistings