|Hubs||Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport|
|Parent company||Poste italiane|
|Key people||Bud Spencer, Founder|
Mistral Air is an Italian charter airline based in Rome and a subsidiary of Poste italiane. It operates passenger and cargo services and maintains bases at Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport and Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport.
Mistral Air was established in 1981 by actor and former swimmer Bud Spencer and started operations in 1984. It was wholly owned by TNT N.V. until March 2002 when TNT sold a 75% stake to Poste Italiane.
The airline has also been contracted by the Holy See of the Vatican to fly Pilgrims to holy sites such as Lourdes, Fátima, Santiago de Compostela, Medjugorje across Mostar, Israel (Holy Land), Poland and Mexico. The first flight went from Rome to Lourdes on 27 August 2007 transporting the vicar of Rome, Cardinal Camillo Ruini.
- Hurghada- Hurghada airport / seasonal charter
- Marsa-Alam- Marsa Alam airport / seasonal charter
- Sharm-el Sheikh airport / seasonal charter
Mistral Air has codeshare agreements with following airlines (as of January 2014):
As of January 2015, the Mistral Air fleet consists of the following aircraft with an average age of 16.1 years:
|Aircraft||In Service||On Order||Passengers||Notes|
|ATR 72-500||5||—||64||operated for Alitalia|
|1||—||—||Cargo, operated for Poste italiane|
|1||—||148||operated for Jet Time|
|Boeing 737-400||2||—||168||1 operated for Alitalia and Poste italiane each|
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Elenco delle imprese titolari di licenza di trasporto aereo". enac.gov.it. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "index.swf." Mistral Air. Retrieved on 14 December 2011. "Sede legale Viale Lincoln nr 3 - 00144 ROMA (RM)"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-10. p. 51.
- BBC news 27 August 2007
- "Mistral Air Fleet Details". Planespotters.net. Retrieved 2015-01-30.
Media related to Mistral Air at Wikimedia Commons