|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (March 2013)|
|Genres||Worship, Contemporary Christian|
|Occupations||Worship leader, singer–songwriter|
|Instruments||Vocals, Piano, Keyboard|
The daughter of a music teacher, Edwards began her music career at the age of 19, when she joined the International House of Prayer as an intern. After she joined she was asked to begin playing the piano at their services. In her role as one of the organizational leaders of IHOP–KC, she often leads worship and prayer services. She has also written an article for Charisma.
Edwards frequently incorporates Bible verses into her music, particularly concerning eschatological themes. Her music is often accompanied by a speaker who repeats several biblical phrases periodically. Edwards has released several CDs, one of which is accompanied by an acoustic version. She also plays at the annual Onething conference.
- Eternity 2003
- Always on his Mind 2005
- Relentless 2007
- Relentless: Unplugged 2007
- Fling Wide 2009
- Point of Life 2009
- Measure of Love 2011
- Only A Shadow (Live) 2013
Misty Edwards has also been featured on IHOP compilations such as: Immersed, Constant, Onething Live: Pursuit of the Holy, Onething Live: Holy to the Lord, I Can't Wait, Simply Beautiful, and numerous bi-monthly limited editions from the IHOP prayer room.
- Todd, Charley. "Misty Edwards: Unplugged". Relevant Magazine. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- "Interview: Misty Edwards". The Christian Post. 31 August 2007. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- Edwards, Misty. "I Burn for You". Charisma Magazine. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- Charisma and Christian life 25 (5). 2000.
- "Channel Surfing". Charisma. 30 November 2007. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- Patrick, Kris (28 March 2013). "pathmegazine.com". Path Megazine. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|