Hewer in 2007
|Born||Mitchell Scott Hewer
1 July 1989
Bristol, United Kingdom
|Alma mater||South West Academy of Dramatic Arts|
Mitchell Scott "Mitch" Hewer (born 1 July 1989) is an English actor, best known for the role of Maxxie Oliver in the E4 teen drama, Skins. He has also starred in Britannia High as the all-round talent Danny Miller. At the end of the second series of Skins, his character — along with the rest of the main cast — was written out of the show.
In 2007, Hewer was cast as Maxxie Oliver, a gay character, in the teen drama, Skins. Hewer appeared on the cover of the March and October 2007 issues of gay lifestyle magazine Attitude, where the magazine did a "Gays on TV" feature which included stars from Skins, Hollyoaks, Coronation Street and Shameless. He also appeared nude in the June 2008 issue of Cosmopolitan in aid of testicular cancer research.
Hewer starred in the music drama, Britannia High, in the role of Danny Miller, where he also appears on the Britannia High soundtrack. He also appeared on the popular ITV and ITV2 shows Xtra Factor, This Morning, Richard and Judy's New Position and on the BBC comedy show Never Mind the Buzzcocks alongside team captain Davina McCall and singer Alesha Dixon.
In December 2009, Hewer appeared in the musical Never Forget, based on the songs of boyband Take That. He played stripper Dirty Harry alongside Michelle Collins. The show took place at Fairfield Halls in Croydon, London.
|2007-2008||Skins||Maxxie Oliver||TV series (19 episodes)|
|2008||Britannia High||Danny Miller||TV series (9 episodes)|
|2013||Behaving Badly||Steven Stevens||Post-production|
- Births, Marriages & Deaths Index of England & Wales, 1984-2004. Gives name at birth as "Mitchell Scott Hewer", but also registered as "Mitchell Scott Collingbourne".
- "Press Release" (Press release). Filton.ac.uk. 11 March 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-11.
- "Mitch Hewer on SideReel".
- Michael, Christopher (26 January 2009). "Mitch Hewer : Attitude Magazine". Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- Wade, Jon (17 March 2010). "Mitch Hewer’s Fitness Workouts and Health Secrets". Motley Health. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Cosmo Centrefold: Mitch Hewer". Cosmopolitan. 9 May 2008. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Hurrah! Sexy Skins star returns to our screens". Heatworld. 4 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- Moody, Graham (27 October 2009). "Musical: Never Forget at Fairfield Halls, Croydon". Croydon Guardian. Retrieved 2009-10-31.
- Hewer's Twitter - 3:32 AM Oct 24th "i will be in croydon (london) over christmas doing a musical called 'never forget' for 10 days.. :)"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mitch Hewer.|