|Origin||Langley, British Columbia, Canada|
|Instruments||Gibson Robot Guitar|
|Associated acts||Aaron Pritchett
Mitch Merrett is a record producer, music manager, and country musician from Langley, British Columbia, Canada. He plays a Gibson Robot Guitar. He studied music at Selkirk College in Nelson, graduating from the Contemporary Music and Technology program with a major in performance. In 2007, he and Tom McKillip were named Record Producers of the Year by the Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) for their work on Aaron Pritchett's album Big Wheel. Also that year, the Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada named Merrett, Pritchett, and Deric Ruttan Songwriters of the Year for their work on "Hold My Beer," a song that appeared on Big Wheel and that a CBC News reporter called "irreverent." In 2010, Merrett produced Chad Brownlee's self-titled debut album. In 2012, the British Columbia Country Music Association named Merrett Producer of the Year. In 2013, Merrett served as one of three judges at the finals for Langley Has Talent, the other two judges being Steve Darling, a presenter for Global News; and Tara Teng, who was Miss World Canada at the time.
- Troy Landreville (November 17, 2011). "Acclaimed guitarist also prolific producer". Langley Advance. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- Ted Drozdowski (September 22, 2008). "Aaron Pritchett Guitarist Mitch Merrett: 'The Robot Guitar's Made My Life Much Easier'". Gibson Guitar Corporation. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- "Mitch Merrett". CBC Music. Retrieved July 4, 2013.
- Mitch Merrett. "Mitch Merrett". Selkirk College. Retrieved July 4, 2013.
- "And the winners are....". Leader-Post. September 10, 2007. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- John P. McLaughlin (November 30, 2010). "The Playlist: Aaron Pritchett is back behind the wheel". National Post. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- "Emerson Drive snags three CCMA awards". CBC News. September 10, 2007. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- Janis Warren (January 27, 2011). "Ex-hockey player opens concert series". Tri-City News. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- Jaimie Ward (November 5, 2012). "Multiple BCCMA Noms For MDM Artists Chad Brownlee, Hayley, Mitch Merrett". Music News Nashville. Retrieved July 4, 2013.
- Miranda Gathercole (May 4, 2013). "Opera singer takes top spot at Langley Has Talent competition". Langley Times. Retrieved May 17, 2013.