Petrus (#62) at the Giants 2010 training camp
|No. 62, 67|
|Date of birth:||May 11, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Carlisle, Arkansas|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||315 lb (143 kg)|
|High school:||Carlisle (AR)|
|NFL draft:||2010 / Round: 5 / Pick: 147|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
Stats at NFL.com
An unrated tight end prospect out of high school, Petrus began at the University of Arkansas as a walk-on fullback, and was moved to offensive guard only before the 2007 season. Petrus blocked for rushing tandem Darren McFadden and Felix Jones, who both eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark in 2007. He was named to the All-SEC second team for his efforts in 2007. Petrus redshirted during the 2008 season. In 2009, Petrus was named All-SEC first team by SEC coaches and second team by the Associated Press. Petrus graduated with a degree in agricultural economics.
Petrus was waived on September 2, 2012 after the Giants were awarded offensive tackle D. J. Jones on waivers from the Philadelphia Eagles. Jones failed his physical with the Giants and Petrus was re-signed the very next day.
Petrus is guitarist in a band called "Vikings of the North Atlantic" Mitch currently resides and works in Lonoke, Arkansas.
- "Mitch Petrus - Yahoo! Sports". Rivals.yahoo.com. 2005-01-28. Retrieved 2012-11-04.
- Higbee, Zach. "Petrus selected in NFL Draft." 24 April 2010. Profile. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- "2007 Arkansas Razorbacks Football." Statistics. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- "2007 All-SEC Football Team Announced." December 4, 2007. Southeastern Conference. All-SEC football teams. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- "Mitch Petrus". ovguide.com. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Giants Re-Sign Mitch Petrus After D.J. Jones Fails Physical". CBS News New York. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- Associated Press (2012-11-03). "Giants activate TE Beckum, cut OL Petrus". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "Giants Guard Mitch Petrus Rocks on the Field and on the Bass". New York Times. December 9, 2011.