|Full name||Mitchell Robinson|
|Date of birth||7 June 1989|
|Original team||Tasmanian Devils (VFL)|
|Draft||No. 40, 2008 National Draft, Carlton|
|Height/Weight||185cm / 86 kg|
|Position(s)||Midfielder / half Forward|
|Current club||Brisbane Lions|
|International team honours|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of Round 2, 2015 season.
Robinson is a midfielder/half-forward who played junior football in Tasmania. In 2008, as an eighteen-year-old, he played eleven games for the Tasmanian Devils Football Club in the Victorian Football League, as well as two games for the Lauderdale Football Club seniors in the Southern Football League, and one game for the Tassie Mariners in the TAC Cup. He featured prominently at the AFL Under-18s Championship, winning the award as the Hunter-Harrison Medal as the best player in Division Two of the competition. He was drafted by the Carlton Football Club with its 3rd round selection (No. 40 overall) in the 2008 AFL National Draft, and made his debut in Round 1, 2009 against Richmond at the M.C.G., scoring three goals.
Robinson played sporadically in the AFL in his first two seasons, playing 26 of 46 possible games for Carlton and spending the rest of the time with VFL-affiliate Northern Bullants. His breakthrough came in the 2011 season, when he won a regular place in the team, and became a key ball-winner in the midfield; at midseason, Herald Sun commentator Mark Robinson heralded him as the league's most improved player. He went on to finish seventh in the John Nicholls Medal count for the season, and was selected to represent Australia in the 2011 International Rules Series.
Robinson was delisted by Carlton after the 2014 season, having played 100 games for Carlton. He was then signed as a delisted free agent by the Brisbane Lions, and will play for Brisbane from 2015.
- "Mitch Robinson". AFL Tables. Retrieved 4 Jul 2011.
- Robinson, Mark (4 Jul 2011). "10 Things I Like". Herald Sun. Australia. Retrieved 4 Jul 2011.
- "Murphy wins his first John Nicholls Medal". Carlton Football Club. 4 Oct 2011. Retrieved 5 Oct 2011.
- Windley, Matt (14 October 2011). "Callan Ward named in Aussie squad". Herald Sun. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- Walsh, Courtney (17 Jun 2011). "Mitch Robinson doesn't go half-hearted when approaching the ball". The Australian. Retrieved 4 Jul 2011.
- Jon Pierik (20 August 2014). "Jeff Garlett in mix for recall, says Mick Malthouse". The Age (Melbourne, VIC). Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Carlton list changes". Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Mitch Robinson joins Brisbane Lions as delisted free agent". Herald Sun (Melbourne, VIC). 3 November 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- Mitch Robinson's profile on the official website of the Brisbane Lions
- Mitch Robinson's statistics from AFL Tables
|Awards and achievements|
|Hunter Harrison Medal