Mitchell Zuckoff is a professor of journalism at Boston University. He is the author of "Frozen in Time: An Epic Story of Survival and a Modern Quest for Lost Heroes of World War II," published in April 2013 by HarperCollins. "Frozen in TIme" was an instant New York Times bestseller on the print, ebook and combined lists. Zuckoff's previous book was Lost in Shangri-La: A True Story of Survival, Adventure, and the Most Incredible Rescue Mission of World War II, published in April 2011 by HarperCollins. "Lost in Shangri-La" won the Winship/PEN New England Award for Nonfiction and spent several months on The New York Times' bestseller lists.
His earlier books are Robert Altman: The Oral Biography, Ponzi’s Scheme: The True Story of a Financial Legend, and Choosing Naia: A Family's Journey. He is co-author with Dick Lehr of Judgment Ridge: The True Story Behind the Dartmouth Murders
Zuckoff's magazine work has appeared in The New Yorker, Fortune and elsewhere. As a reporter at The Boston Globe, Zuckoff was a Pulitzer Prize finalist for investigative reporting. He received the Distinguished Writing Award from the American Society of Newspaper Editors, the Livingston Award for International Reporting, the Heywood Broun Award, and the Associated Press Managing Editors' Public Service Award.
Zuckoff received a master’s degree from the University of Missouri and was a Batten Fellow at the Darden School of Business Administration at the University of Virginia. He lives in Newton, Massachusetts.
- Zuckoff, Mitchell. Robert Altman: The Oral Biography. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 2009. ISBN 978-0-307-26768-9 Found in 697 libraries according to WorldCat
- Zuckoff, Mitchell. Ponzi's Scheme: The True Story of a Financial Legend. New York: Random House, 2005. Found in 922 libraries according to WorldCat
- Discussed on on video,: C-SPAN Archives, 2005.
- Review, by D Margolick The New York Times Book Review. 110, no. 15, (April 10, 2005): 19–24.
- Zuckoff, Mitchell. Choosing Naia: A Family's Journey. Boston, Mass: Beacon Press, 2002. ISBN 978-0-8070-2816-2 Found in 550 libraries according to WorldCat
- Review, by M. Jones The New York Times Book Review, 107, Part 50 (2002): 26
- Zuckoff, Mitchell, and Dick Lehr. Judgment Ridge: The True Story Behind the Dartmouth Murders. New York: HarperCollins, 2003. ISBN 978-0-06-000844-4 Found in 697 libraries according to WorldCat
- "WorldCat listing for book". Worldcat.org. Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- "Ponzi's scheme : the true story of a financial legend (Book, 2005)". [WorldCat.org]. Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- "Ponzi's scheme : the true story of a financial legend (DVD video, 2005)". [WorldCat.org]. April 7, 2005. Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- "Choosing Naia : a family's journey (Book, 2002)". [WorldCat.org]. January 17, 2011. Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- "Judgment Ridge : the true story behind the Dartmouth murders (Book, 2003)". [WorldCat.org]. December 6, 2007. Retrieved September 11, 2011.