|Full name||Mitja Viler|
|Date of birth||1 September 1986|
|Place of birth||Koper, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 August 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
He started playing football when his father, former footballer himself and later coach, introduced him to the game. Although a universal player, he primarily plays on the left side of the pitch and is known for his pace, shoot and the ability to play both defensively and offensively. Before moving to Maribor, he played for Koper and made a total of 141 appearances for the club in the Slovenian first division, 1. SNL, scoring five goals in the process. He was part of the squad that won the 2009–10 season. Since 2010 he is a member of Maribor, a club with whom he has won the league championship during 2010–11 season, his second consecutive championship. He won another league title in 2011–12, making it his third consecutive championship. He is contracted with the club until 31 May 2013.  On the 21st October 2014, he came up against one of his toughest ever opponents in a 6-0 Champions League loss to Chelsea, having scored an own goal during the game. He was substituted minutes later. 
- NK Maribor. "Osebni karton: Mitja Viler" (in Slovenian). NK Maribor official website. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- "28 Mitja Viler" (in Slovenian). PrvaLiga official website. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- "Nad Ferce tudi z Vršičem" (in Slovenian). Nogomania. 27 May 2011. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- Miha Andolšek (3 June 2011). "Subjektiv: Mitja Viler" (in Slovenian). EKIPA.org. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- Player profile at PrvaLiga (Slovene)