Mitsubishi Concept PX-MiEV
|Mitsubishi Concept PX-MiEV|
|Body and chassis|
|Engine||1.6 L gasoline engine,
2x electric motors
|Wheelbase||2,630 mm (103.5 in)|
|Length||4,510 mm (177.6 in)|
|Width||1,830 mm (72.0 in)|
|Height||1,655 mm (65.2 in)|
The Mitsubishi Concept PX-MiEV is a prototype plug-in hybrid crossover utility vehicle, first exhibited at the Tokyo Motor Show in September 2009. It uses a 85 kW (116 PS; 114 hp) 1.6 litre gasoline engine as a powerplant and generator for two 30 kW electric motors, one on each axle. Mitsubishi claims it to be capable of up to 50 kilometres per litre (141 mpg-imp; 118 mpg-US) under optimal driving conditions.
The vehicle's exterior styling supposedly gives clues to the design of the third generation of Mitsubishi Outlander, as well as showcasing some technologies which could make it into production.
Concept PX-MiEV II
At the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show, Mitsubishi unveiled the Concept PX-MiEV II, which is a follow up to the PX-MiEV study first shown at the 2009 Tokyo Motor Show. Compared with the original concept, it has a higher roofline, more practical and larger side mirrors, more conventional looking alloy wheels, lights and bumper designs. The concept has a larger 2.0 litre MIVEC engine rated at 70 kW (95 PS; 94 hp). It also has a pair of electric motors at both front and rear, delivering an output of 60 kW (82 PS; 80 hp) each.
- "Tokyo Motor Show 2009", Mitsubishi Motors press release, October 2009
- "Tokyo Preview: Mitsubishi Concept PX-MiEV comes with a plug, extra cocochi", Damon Lavrinc, Autoblog.com, September 30, 2009
- "Mitsubishi Concept PX-MiEV revealed", Steve Siler, Car & Driver, October 2009
- "2009 LA Auto Show Report: Mitsubishi PX-MiEV Concept", Ben Stewart, Popular Mechanics, November 23, 2009
- "Mitsubishi Concept PX-MiEV - Auto Shows", iMotor, October 2009
- "Mitsubishi Concept PX-MiEV (2009) unveiled", Ben Pulman, Car Magazine, 1 October 2009
- "Mitsubishi PX-MiEV concept makes LA debut", Drew Johnson, Left Lane News, December 2, 2009
- "Tokyo 2009: Mitsubishi Concept PX-MiEV shows its more conventional face", Jonathon Ramsey, Autoblog.com, October 20, 2009
- "2009 Tokyo Motor Show: Mitsubishi Concept PX-MiEV", Dennis Simanaitis, Road & Track, October 2009
- "Mitsubishi Concept PX-MiEV compact SUV features new plug-in hybrid system", Paul Tan, October 1, 2009
- "Mitsubishi Motors Lineup at the 2010 Geneva International Motor Show", Mitsubishi Motors press release, March 02, 2010
- "Tokyo Motor Show: Mitsubishi's Concept PX-MiEV II Plug-in Hybrid SUV". CarScoop. Dec 1, 2011.
- Jason Kavanagh (Nov 30, 2011). "2011 Tokyo Auto Show: Mitsubishi Concept PX-MiEV II". InsideLine blog.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mitsubishi Concept PX MiEV.|