Mitsubishi Estate Co., Ltd. (三菱地所株式会社 Mitsubishi Jisho Kabushiki-gaisha?, MEC) (TYO: 8802) is a Japanese corporation. It is one of the core Mitsubishi companies. Mitsubishi Estate has its headquarters in the Otemachi Building in Ōtemachi, Chiyoda, Tokyo.
Its largest concentration of assets is around the Marunouchi and Otemachi districts west of Tokyo Station, an area purchased by the zaibatsu from the Meiji government in 1890 and developed into an office district. Today, the area houses the headquarters of Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric, Meiji Yasuda Life, Nippon Yusen and other Mitsubishi group companies, as well as numerous other firms not affiliated with the group.
In 1989 Mitsubishi Estate fully bought out Rockefeller Group in New York, the real estate company that then fully owned Rockefeller Center. Since then the older section of the Center has been sold and the Rockefeller Group, still owned by Mitsubishi, owns the western corridor of the complex.
MEC is Japan's second-largest real-estate developer (after Mitsui Fudosan) and is involved in property management and architecture research and design. MEC owns Japan's tallest building, the Yokohama Landmark Tower, as well as the Sanno Park Tower and Marunouchi Building in Tokyo.
MEC is traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange under number 8802.
(as of February 2005)
- Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company (4.50%)
- Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd. (Trust Account) (4.38%)
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Ltd. (3.73%)
- The Mitsubishi Trust and Banking Corporation (3.49%)
- The Tokio Marine and Fire Insurance Co., Ltd. (3.29%)
- The Mitsubishi Trust and Banking Corporation (Trust Account) (3.25%)
- Obayashi Corporation (2.31%)
- Taisei Corporation (2.25%)
- UFJ Trust Bank Limited (Trust Account A) (2.20%)
- Takenaka Corporation (2.17%)
(as of February 2005)
- Mitsubishi Jisho Sekkei Inc.
- Mitsubishi Real Estate Services Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Estate Home Co., Ltd.
- Yokohama Royal Park Hotel Co., Ltd.
- Aqua City Co., Ltd.
- Marunouchi Heat Supply Co., Ltd.
- Yokohama Sky Building Co., Ltd.
- Royal Park Hotel Co., Ltd.
- Rockefeller Group International, Inc.
- "Corporate Data." Mitsubishi Estate. Retrieved on March 7, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mitsubishi Estate.|
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|