From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Video game console controllers
One of the company's most noticeable product lines are video game console controllers. Mitsumi has manufactured the official controllers for the following consoles:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom controller
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System/Super Famicom controller
- Nintendo GameCube controller (Certain revisions only) and the WaveBird Wireless Controller
- Wii Remote and Wii Nunchuk (Certain revisions only)
- PlayStation standard and DualShock controllers (Certain revisions only)
- PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 controller (Certain revisions only)
- Xbox original 'Duke' Controller and early 'Controller S' models
Other products include:
- The Wi-Fi sub-PCB for the Nintendo DS family of systems (According to the FCC ID on the bottom of each system) and manufactures at least some Nintendo DS Lite consoles for Nintendo.
- Remote controls for many home electronics brands, as well as keyboards and mice for personal computers. These include the Apple Pro Keyboard and the Mighty Mouse.
- Floppy and optical disc drives used in laptop computers, desktops, servers and the Famicom Disk System. In the 1980s, Mitsumi provided the mechanisms for several kinds of home computer floppy disk drives. The various home computer manufacturers added their own controller electronics and cases, so that the Mitsumi name was usually not visible on the outside. Mitsumis own PC floppy drives were sold under a dual Mitsumi/Newtronics label.
- Mitsumi was also involved in producing certain hardware parts for the Nintendo Wii U system.
- "Wii Remote maker profits soar". GameSpot. Retrieved 2006-02-08.