|• Urban||8 sq mi (21 km2)|
|Elevation||3,810 ft (1,160 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|• Urban density||4,847/sq mi (1,871.4/km2)|
|Time zone||EAST (UTC+3)|
Mityana, sometimes spelled Mitiyana, is a town in Uganda's Central Region. It is the main municipal, administrative and commercial center of Mityana District and the district headquarters are located there. The district is named after the town.
Mityana is located approximately 77 kilometres (48 mi), by road, west of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The town sits about half-way between Kampala and Mubende, on an all-weather tarmac highway that links Uganda's capital with the town of Fort Portal in Western Uganda. The coordinates of Mityana are:0° 24' 0.00"N, 32° 3' 0.00"E (Latitude:0.4000; Longitude:32.05600).
Mityana town covers an area of 21 square kilometres (8.1 sq mi). The topography is made up of gentle slopes with open U-shaped valleys. This is advantageous to real estate developers because they do not incur a lot of expenses to put up buildings in the town. In 2014 the town was added to the list of urban centers serviced by the National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC).
In 2002, the national census estimated the population of Mityana town to be about 34,100. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 38,700. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Mityana at 39,300.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are located near or within the town limits:
- The district headquarters of Mityana District
- The offices of Mityana Town Council
- Mityana Central Market
- The headquarters of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kiyinda–Mityana
- A branch of Centenary Bank
- A branch of Equity Bank
- A branch of Stanbic Bank 
- Mityana Hospital is a 120 bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- The headquarters of Kolping Mityana Women's Project is a Tier IV Financial Institution.
- Lake Wamala − the northern shores of the lake are located approximately 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) southwest of downtown Mityana.
- The Kampala−Mubende Highway passes through the center of town in a Northwest to Southeast direction.
- Mt Zion Internet cafe. An Internet cafe
- Mityana Secondary School is a public residential secondary school, with 26 dormitories.
- William Mukasa Primary School (A heart for children). A mixed day and boarding primary school close to the District headquarters.
- LivingHope-Children (Junior Academy) serves the poor children in Buwalula, Kamuli and Jjeza.
- "Distance between Kampala and Mityana with Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Location of Mityana At Google Maps". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "History of the Urban Water and Sewerage Sub-Sector". National Water and Sewerage Corporation (Uganda). Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Mityana In 2002, 2010 & 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "List of branches of Stanbic Bank in Uganda". Stanbic Bank Uganda. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- Ibingira, C.B.R. (May 2003). "Chronic Osteomyelitis In A Ugandan Rural Setting". East African Medical Journal: ; Vol:80, No:5. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "About Kolping Mityana Women's Project". Kolping South Africa. Retrieved 16 April 2014.