From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Mixed drinks)
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (October 2013)|
Some popular types of mixed drinks are:
- Cobbler, a beverage made with wine or sherry, citrus juice, and sugar
- Cocktail, narrowly a mixture of liquor, sugar, water, and bitters; more broadly any sort of alcoholic mixed drink
- Cooler, a tall drink made with liquor, a carbonated beverage, and a fruit garnish
- Crusta, a liquor and citrus drink served in a glass rimmed with sugar
- Cup, a mixture of wine and other ingredients, typically fruit juice and a carbonated beverage, similar to a Wine cooler
- Fix, a mixture of liquor, citrus, and sugar
- Fizz, a fix with a carbonated beverage added
- Flip, an alcoholic mixed drink incorporating beaten egg, especially one made with liquor or wine, sugar, and egg, topped with powdered nutmeg and served hot or cold. Also used to describe a sailor's drink made from beer mixed with rum or brandy, sweetened and served hot
- Julep, a sweet drink of liquor and aromatics, specifically mint
- Pousse-café, various liqueurs arranged in colored layers
- Sling, originally American, a drink composed of spirit and water, sweetened and flavoured 
Several lists of related topics are available:
- List of cocktails
- List of beer cocktails
- List of flaming beverages
- List of non-alcoholic cocktails
- List of non-alcoholic punches
- List of wine cocktails
- List of drinkware
- List of common edible cocktail garnishes
- List of common inedible cocktail garnishes
- Cocktails, which are one or more distilled spirits combined with drink mixers.
- Mixed drink shooters and drink shots, which are small servings of cocktails in special glasses.
- Beer cocktails, which combine beer with a drink mixer or distilled spirits.
- Wine cocktails and punches, which combine wine (still or sparkling) with drink mixers.
- Flaming beverages, which are cocktails containing high-proof alcohol ignited prior to serving.
- Non-alcoholic mixed drinks, which are soft drinks that do not contain alcohol.
- Mixed drink supplies are used by bartenders to prepare and serve mixed drinks.
- List of beverages
Collections of related articles are categorized under the following topics:
- Category:Alcohol-related lists
- Category:Mixed drinks
- Category:Alcoholic beverages
- Category:Soft drinks
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mixed drinks.|
- OED sling, n.5