From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mixed grill ready to be barbecued in Venezuela.
, Jerusalem mixed grill
Many regional cuisines feature a mixed grill, a meal consisting of a traditional assortment of grilled meats. Versions of the mixed grill include:
- Brazilian churrasco, typically featuring various cuts of chicken and beef, especially chicken hearts and picanha (rump cover).
- English mixed grill, consisting of lamb chops, lamb kidneys, beef steak, ham steak, tomato and mushrooms. These are known as pinchos Americanos, or simply as pinchos, in Central and South America.
- Italian, typically featuring chicken, often marinated in olive oil, garlic, lemon and rosemary; pork and beef.
- South American (especially Argentine) asado, featuring cuts of beef, kidney, liver and sausages (especially chorizo and morcilla, a form of blood sausage).
- Meurav Yerushalmi, Jerusalem mixed grill (מעורב ירושלמי), contains chicken hearts, livers, spleen and bits of lamb grilled with onion, garlic and an array of Middle Eastern spices.
- South Asian (India/Pakistan/Bangladesh): Chicken tikka, mutton tikka, eaten with roti and chutney.
- ^ Strat's Place - Daniel Rogov - Israel - Title