Television Series Logo
|Created by||John Fang
David P. Smith
|Creative director(s)||David P. Smith|
|Voices of||(See Characters)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||22 (list of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||The Lego Group
Cartoon Network Studios
|Original channel||Cartoon Network|
|Original release||February 12, 2014– present|
Mixels is a 2014 short form comedy animated television series currently airing on Cartoon Network. The series first aired on February 12, 2014 with a new episode of Teen Titans Go!. The Lego Group and Cartoon Network Studios produced the series together with the help of world class animators, voice actors, and toy designers. The series revolves around the Mixels, small creatures that can mix and combine with one another in creative and unpredictable storylines. Although previous Lego series, such as Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu and Legends of Chima, use CGI animation, Mixels makes use of Toon Boom Harmony software; finally, it is animated at Atomic Cartoons, Inc..
A mobile app was released for the series on March 4, 2014, named Calling All Mixels, and even earlier two websites, one on the LEGO website and another owned by Cartoon Network, were launched where fans can learn about the Mixels. Four series of collectible Lego building toys have currently been released, based on the characters. Starting in May 2014, the series began airing as an interstitial program on Boomerang, and still currently airs as such.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Characters
- 3 Episodes
- 4 Reception
- 5 Merchandise
- 6 Awards
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Mixels involves many different, fun-loving tribes - each tribe having a different color scheme - who inhabit a fantasy land of adventure and wonder. They can mix (combining two Mixels), max (combining all three Mixels of the same tribe), and murp (when a mix goes horribly wrong) in all kinds of situations, using the mysterious cubits. All that stands in their way are the small, evil, discolored Nixels led by the tall King Nixel.
A tribe based on fire and the primary tribe of Series 1. Flain and Vulk are main characters while Zorch is a recurring character. They live in the Magma Wastelands. When all 3 combine, they become a bipedal t-rex-like creature with fire breath. Their cubits are red and are led by Flain.
- Flain (voiced by Tom Kenny) − Living in the magma wastelands near the planet's core, the red-hot tribe of Infernites are kind of heroic, kind of bumbling... and really handy for a barbecue. Flain is their adventurous leader. Known as "the smart one" to friends because this Infernite can spell... but beware! If Flain thinks too hard that massive brain will soon catch fire.
- Vulk (voiced by Jess Harnell) − One-eyed Vulk is the strong but dim-witted tertiary member of the red hot Infernites which live in the magma wastelands near the planet's core. The scorching hot hands of Vulk can melt escape routes through solid rocks and fend of Nixels... just stay clear of this loyal and goofy Mixel's super hot high-fives!
- Zorch (voiced by David P. Smith) − Zorch is the speediest and secondary member of the red hot tribe of Infernites that live amid the lava near the planet's core. Infernites are kind of heroic, kind of bumbling... and really handy for a barbecue! When Zorch is not playing pranks, the fiery jets from this cheeky Mixel's backside leave Nixels standing in a cloud of smoke!
A tribe based on rock and the secondary tribe of Series 1. All three are main characters. They live in the tunnels they have dug in the mine. When all 3 combine, they become a giant humanoid rock golem that can turn into a boulder that can roll at enemies. Their cubits are grey and are led by Krader.
- Krader (voiced by David P. Smith)− The Cragsters are a tribe of serious, hardworking miners who live in the many tunnels and caverns they have dug deep under the surface of the world. Super-strong Krader is a tough guy, has a short fuse and is as close to a leader as the Cragsters have. With a rotating torso and a massive hand that folds into a demolition ball, Krader can bulldoze rock and dig deep pits to trap Nixels.
- Seismo (voiced by Tom Kenny)− The industrious Cragsters are a tribe of miners who have made their home in a network of tunnels and caverns dug deep under the surface of the world. Seismo is the quiet and shy tertiary member of the Cragsters, and just a nervous tap of this Mixel's huge feet can cause an earthquake. This can be useful when Nixels attack because Seismo's stomp can cause an avalanche to bury them!
- Shuff (voiced by Jess Harnell)− Shuff is the secondary member of the Cragsters, a tribe of tough, hardworking miners who have dug deep under the surface of the world. Helpful and friendly, but very clumsy, Shuff has a body like a living wrecking ball and usually ends up accidentally smashing everything.
A tribe based on electricity and the tertiary tribe of Series 1. Volectro and Zaptor are main characters while Teslo is a recurring character. They live in the Mountain City. When all 3 combine, they become a bipedal lion-like creature who can shoot electricity from his tail. Their cubits are yellow and are led by Teslo.
- Teslo (voiced by Tom Kenny) − Teslo is the lookout for the yellow tribe of Electroids, a loopy tribe of Mixels who live high up in the mountainous forest to stay close to the lightning storms that energize them. Teslo has an electrically charged tail to zap any Nixels who challenge him. This dynamic Mixel has a secret fear of heights... well, not that secret, but the other Electroids don't let Teslo know that they know!
- Zaptor (voiced by Jess Harnell) - Up for anything, Zaptor is the super-charged adrenaline junkie and secondary member of the Electroids, a quirky tribe of Mixels who live high up in the mountainous forest close to the lightning storms that power them. Capable of releasing massive blasts of energy and blinding light, Zaptor can give his friends sunburn. They would prefer it if this living lightning rod of a Mixel directed those high voltage blasts at the Nixels.
- Volectro (voiced by David P. Smith) − Every day is a bad hair day for scatter-brained Volectro, the tertiary member of the Electroids, a zany tribe of Mixels who live high up in the mountainous forest to stay close to the lightning storms that power them. One too many electric shocks have made Volectro emit loads of static energy which this hilarious Mixel uses to draw anything it desires to that mega hairdo!
A tribe based on ice and the primary tribe of Series 2. Slumbo is a recurring character while Flurr and Lunk are minor characters. They live in the icy popsicle lands in the Frozen Volcanoes. When all three combine, they become a blue dinosaur-like creature with claws of ice. Their cubits are blue and are led by Flurr.
- Slumbo (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) - Slumbo is the sleepiest and dreamiest of the Frosticons, a blue Mixel tribe which hails from the frozen crystalline shells of dead volcanoes. It takes an earthquake to wake this guy up, but when Slumbo is awake, this lazy Frosticon has the muscle to move giant objects and create obstacles for Nixels. But beware, Slumbo can get brain freeze from making ice tunnels.
- Lunk (voiced by Billy West) − The unbelievably slow Lunk makes other members of the permanently chilled-out Frosticon tribe seem positively energetic. Lunk might not be the brainiest, or the most graceful when waddling along ice balancing on his stubby hands, but that thick ice exoskeleton makes this Mixel incredibly durable. And one sneeze from Lunk can istantly freeze a Nixel in an ice cube.
- Flurr (voiced by Phil LaMarr) − Flurr is the leader of the chilled-out tribe of Frosticons, a blue Mixel tribe that hails from the frozen crystalline shells of dead volcanoes. Flurr is the only tribe member who never seems sleepy and this curious creature likes to fly around and explore Frosticon lands. Flurr is great at spotting invading Nixels far away but somestimes misses the most obvious things!
A tribe based on wood and the secondary tribe of Series 2. Gobba and Jawg are recurring characters while Chomly is a minor character. They live on a farm with totems and make food for their appetites. When they all combine together, they form a brown beaver-like creature. Their cubits are brown and are led by Jawg.
- Jawg (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) − Fiercely loyal, he'll use his indestructible teeth to protect his friends.
- Gobba (voiced by Billy West) − His whip-like tongue has a super sense of taste that is amazingly accurate.
- Chomly (voiced by Phil LaMarr) − A lethargic trash compactor, he'll eat just about anything that's not nailed down.
A tribe based on rubber and the tertiary tribe of Series 2. Tentro is a recurring character while Kraw and Balk are minor characters. They live in the Sproingylands, using their stretchtastic talents to fight Nixels. all three combine, they become a hermit crab-like creature. Their cubits are orange and are led by Kraw.
- Kraw (voice actor currently unknown)- He loves to stretch his intellect in a battle of wits, but he also just loves to stretch and bounce.
- Tentro (voiced by Phil LaMarr) − Although he suffers from a lack of confidence, his tentacles make him powerful and versatile.
- Balk (voiced by Billy West)− He uses his head as a rubber mallet, but he may have knocked a few screws loose.
A tribe based on slime and the primary tribe of Series 3. They live in a castle in the deepest part of a deep swamp. When all three combine, they turn into a squirrel-like creature. Their cubits are green and are led by Glomp.
- Glomp (voiced by Matthew W. Taylor ) − He's always hatching some crazy plan, but the real thing to watch out for is his runny nose!
- Glurt (voiced by Bumper Robinson) − The avid garbage collector, if it's old, worn out, and smelly, he has a name for it: LUNCH!
- Torts (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui) − This slow-moving guy has some super-gooey hands. Great for catching Nixels, not so much for high-fives.
A tribe based on spikes and the secondary tribe of Series 3. The three are fun-loving and love to play and dance. They live in a desert with huge flowers. When all three join forces, they turn into a brachaeosaurus-like creature. Their cubits are tan and are led by Scorpi.
- Footi (voiced by Bumper Robinson) − Keep on moving with Footi, with spiny legs and gargantuan feet for dancing.
- Hoogi (voiced by Matthew W. Taylor) − Lend a helping hand with Hoogi, with huge hands for crashing and smashing...and hugs.
- Scorpi (voice actor currently unknown) - Don't get stung by Scorpi, the super-cute but super-skittish member with a spike-ended tail for defense.
A tribe based on magic and the tertiary tribe of Series 3. All three live in a magic tent and love to put on magic shows for the other Mixels. When all three combine, they turn into a griffin-like creature. Their cubits are purple and are led by Magnifo.
- Mesmo (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui) − Fly along with Mesmo, Magnifo's assistant who lacks in showmanship but is loyal.
- Magnifo (voiced by Brian Stepanek) − Say Abracadabra to Magnifo, the magician who wields two magic wands and is the star of the shows.
- Wizwuz (voiced by Bumper Robinson) − Burp out with Wizwuz, the fun-loving member of the tribe.
A tribe based on space and the primary tribe of Series 4. They live in Orbitopia, located on the Mixel Moon. When all three combine, they turn into a spaceship-shaped creature. Their cubits are lime and gold and are led by Niksput.
- Niksput (voiced by Andrew Kishino) - Despite having the charm and charisma of a leading man, his mind is slow, to the point of bravely leaping into any danger before realizing how terrified he is.
- Rokit (voiced by Phil Hayes) - The trooper of the Orbitons does everything as if his life depends on it, whether it's petting a kitten, or eating some pizza. One of Rokit's biggest pet peeves is that none of the other Mixels mimic his extreme lifestyle.
- Nurp-Naut (voiced by Justin Grollman for Nurp, and by Rodger Bumpass for Naut) - Nurp-Naut has a bad case of split personality with his double-face head! One face of him, Nurp is an innocent baby; the other, Naut, is a wise old man! This makes him very forgetful and accident-prone, as a side effect.
A tribe also based on fire and the secondary tribe of Series 4. They live in the Magma Desert and are the apparent cousins of the original Infernites. When all three combine, they form a cyclops like creature. Their cubits are crimson and are led by Burnard who is the quarternary member of the Infernites.
- Burnard (voiced by Jess Harnell) - This fun guy is always laughing! He laughs through fear and sadness, he just loves to laugh! If he laughs hard enough, he even spews fire! Ironically, the only way to get him to stop laughing is by telling a funny joke. He won't get the punchline!
- Meltus (voiced by Jess Harnell) - Although Meltus may look strong and tough, he really is only a gentle giant. Unfortunately, he is allergic to everything, literally! If he even steps outside his house, he starts sneezing fire!
- Flamzer (voiced by Rodger Bumpass) - While Burnard sees fun in everything, Flamzer sees fear in everything! He is very untrusting, and at the slightest sign of danger, he speeds away with the help of his flaming tail. And when he runs, theres no catching him!
A tribe based on night and the tertiary tribe of Series 4. They live the Glowkie Caves in an all-new area called the Mixel Moon, and love to put on shows. When all three combine, they form a giant bat like creature. Their cubits are navy blue and light cyan and are led by Globert.
- Boogly (voiced by Dave Fennoy) - Boogly is, well, a snob. He claims to have done everything there is, so nothing impresses him. He is always complaining, and is very critical.
- Globert (voiced by Dave Fennoy) - Globert claims to wow and impress any audience, and with his glow-in-the-dark eye, that's not hard to do! He loves to perform, and is the tribes ultimate exhibitionist.
- Vampos (voiced by Sam Riegel) - Vampos is the ultimate sports nut. He loves any sport, from rockball to acrobatics, and he's good at all of these, too! He is also said to be very relaxed and calm.
Nixels (all voiced by Fred Tatasciore) are creatures who are enemies of the Mixels, and like to destroy any combinations that the Mixels create. This is because they consider themselves far superior to the Mixels, but are only able to say quite a few words. Their white faces can pop out of their bodies and walk around (with no arms).
- Major Nixel (voiced by Fred Tatasciore, later by Rodger Bumpass) − Major Nixel is the military leader of the Nixels. Unlike the other Nixels, he is capable of speech. He treats the other Nixels like a tornado treats cars, throwing and kicking them to steal cubits.
- King Nixel (voiced by Phil Hayes) is the true leader of the Nixels.
Season 1 (2014)
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Coconapple"||February 12, 2014|
|Seismo and Zorch try to get a coconapple hanging from a tree.|
|2||"Cookironi"||February 19, 2014|
|Nine first wave Mixels fight over a single cookironi.|
|3||"Hot Lava Shower"||February 14, 2014|
|Vulk gets the Infernites to fix the Lava Shower and they MAX to unclog the pipes, but heats a toilet and water fountain that results in burning Teslo's mouth and Krader's rear.|
|4||"Electrorock"||March 4, 2014|
|Krader finds the Electroid kingdom. The other Cragsters go to free him and end up dancing in an Electorock (mix between electric and rock) dance party.|
|5||"Nixels"||March 11, 2014|
|Flain and Seismo are about to have fun on the lava slide when some Nixels come to nix their fun. So they mix and fight off the Nixels.|
|6||"Pothole"||March 18, 2014|
|Zaptor and Vulk mix to get rid of a pothole on the road.|
|7||"Murp"||March 25, 2014|
|Flain and Krader try getting across a river to get to the fun-fun barbecue party, but they keep making a Murp no matter what they try.|
|8||"Mailman"||April 1, 2014|
|When his ceramic teddy butterfly doesn't arrive on time, Shuff teams up with the other Cragsters to catch a lightning fast mailman: Zorch.|
|9||"Another Nixel"||April 8, 2014|
|Major Nixel forces the Nixels to get cubits.|
|10||"Changing a Light Bulb"||May 5, 2014|
|The Electroids must do the Electroids MAX to change a lightbulb when the old one goes out.|
|11||"Rockball"||May 5, 2014|
|Krader and the Cragsters challenge Flain and the Infernites to a game of Rockball.|
|12||"Wrong Colors"||May 26, 2014|
|Volectro and Shuff are getting chased by hundreds of Nixels, but the only cubit they have has the wrong colors, so it's up to Flurr and Gobba to save them.|
|13||"Mix Over"||June 2, 2014|
|Major Nixel forces the Nixels to steal cubits from Balk and Lunk by painting them like Mixels.|
|14||"Bar-B-Cubes"||June 9, 2014|
|Vulk and Slumbo mix and open a bar-B-cube stand while Krader and Volectro mix and open a rock-pop stand and both try to get Gobba to buy their snacks, because he has only 1 muck.|
|15||"Snow Half Pipe"||June 16, 2014|
|Flain, Krader, Jawg, Kraw, Slumbo and Flurr do tricks and Mix on an ice half-pipe. Too bad that Flain and Krader make a Murp.|
|16||"Hamlogna Conveyorbelt Madness"||June 30, 2014|
|Zaptor wants more hamlogna sandwiches, so he makes the conveyer belt go too fast for Lunk and Tentro, so they Mix to get going faster. Too bad Jawg is hungry, too.|
|17||"Vaudeville Fun"||July 7, 2014|
|Kraw and Gobba mix to make an audition judged by Vulk, Slumbo, and Volectro.|
|18||"Fang Gang Log Toss"||July 14, 2014|
|Chomly and Jawg play Log Toss, despite Slumbo and Flain's protests. So they make them into a log shaped-Murp, and continue playing.|
|19||"High Five"||July 21, 2014|
|Slumbo and Kraw mix to give Chomly high fives. But eventually, they make a Murp.|
|20||"Elevators"||July 28, 2014|
|Lunk has to quickly get to Balk's birthday party! But he's way too slow to reach the elevator. So he mixes with Tentro to make it in time.|
|21||"Mixed Up Special"||August 31, 2014|
|The Biggest and Most Epic Mixels Minisode Ever: Major Nixel attempts to ruin the Mixels' annual event, the Mixfest, so Flain and the other Mixel leaders must stop him and his Nixel army in order to save Mixel Land.
Murp Romp: Scorpi and Glurt accidentally Mix into a horrible Murp that goes loose and starts to destroy everything, so Glomp, Torts, Footi, and Hoogi must stop him from sliming and slicing things up before it's too late.
Season 2 (2015)
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|22||"Mixel Moon Madness"||March 9, 2015|
|The Infernites go on a camping trip, which quickly turns into an alien abduction, revealing many more exciting Mixels on the moon.|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2014)|
|Subject||Lego Mixels toys|
|Total sets||54(36 out now.)|
The Lego Group handles all toy merchandise for the Mixels franchise, and Cartoon Network handles all non-toy merchandising. The Lego Mixels buildable collectible figurines went on sale in March 2014 for a retail price of $5 each. Each character has their own set, and nine were released as part of series one. For each tribe, one of the three sets will contain a Nixel. Series 2 was released at the end of May, and Series 3 was released at the end of September. Series 4 was released in February 2015.
Series 1 was released in March 2014, and consists of the Infernite, Cragsters, and Electroids.
|Infernite||#0||41500||Flain||Leader||Smart||March 2014||58 pieces|
|Infernite||#1||41501||Vulk||Member||Dimwitted||March 2014||69 pieces|
|Infernite||#2||41502||Zorch||Member||Prankster||March 2014||45 pieces|
|Cragster||#3||41503||Krader||Leader||Serious||March 2014||66 pieces|
|Cragster||#4||41504||Seismo||Member||Shy||March 2014||50 pieces|
|Cragster||#5||41505||Shuff||Member||Helpful||March 2014||51 pieces|
|Electroid||#6||41506||Teslo||Lookout||Daring||March 2014||54 pieces|
|Electroid||#7||41507||Zaptor||Junkie||Super Charged||March 2014||61 pieces|
|Electroid||#8||41508||Volectro||Member||Scatterbrained||March 2014||70 pieces|
Series 2 was released in June 2014, and consists of the Frosticons, the Fang Gang, and the Flexers.
|Frosticon||#9||41509||Slumbo||Member||Sleepy||June 2014||61 pieces|
|Frosticon||#10||41510||Lunk||Member||Slow||June 2014||51 pieces|
|Frosticon||#11||41511||Flurr||Leader||Awake||June 2014||46 pieces|
|Fang Gang||#12||41512||Chomly||Trash Compactor||Lethargic||June 2014||68 pieces|
|Fang Gang||#13||41513||Gobba||Member||Bite Loving||June 2014||57 pieces|
|Fang Gang||#14||41514||Jawg||Leader||Loyal||June 2014||61 pieces|
|Flexer||#15||41515||Kraw||Leader||Egoistical||June 2014||70 pieces|
|Flexer||#16||41516||Tentro||Member||Dependent||June 2014||69 pieces|
|Flexer||#17||41517||Balk||Member||Forgetful||June 2014||68 pieces|
Series 3 was released in September 2014, and consists of the Glorp Corp, the Spikels, and the Wiztastics.
|Glorp Corp||#18||41518||Glomp||Leader||Crazy||September 2014||64 pieces|
|Glorp Corp||#19||41519||Glurt||Member||Excited||September 2014||62 pieces|
|Glorp Corp||#20||41520||Torts||Member||Strong||September 2014||48 pieces|
|Spikel||#21||41521||Footi||Livewire||Active||September 2014||72 pieces|
|Spikel||#22||41522||Scorpi||Leader||Cute||September 2014||70 pieces|
|Spikel||#23||41523||Hoogi||Member||Affectionate||September 2014||69 pieces|
|Wiztastic||#24||41524||Mesmo||Assistant||Smart but Shy||September 2014||64 pieces|
|Wiztastic||#25||41525||Magnifo||Magician||Cheesy||September 2014||61 pieces|
|Wiztastic||#26||41526||Wizwuz||Member||Over Enthusiastic||September 2014||70 pieces|
Series 4 was released in February 2015, and consists of the Orbitons, the Infernite Cousins, and the Glowkies.
|Orbiton||#27||41527||Rokit||Trooper||Soldier||February 2015||66 pieces|
|Orbiton||#28||41528||Niksput||Leader||Cowardly||February 2015||62 pieces|
|Orbiton||#29||41529||Nurp-Naut||Baby/Elder||Accident Prone||February 2015||52 pieces|
|Infernite Cousin||#30||41530||Meltus||Member||Pampered||February 2015||66 pieces|
|Infernite Cousin||#31||41531||Flamzer||Alarmist||Paranoid||February 2015||60 pieces|
|Infernite Cousin||#32||41532||Burnard||Giggler||Funny||February 2015||58 pieces|
|Glowkie||#33||41533||Globert||Exhibitionist||Flamboyant||February 2015||45 pieces|
|Glowkie||#34||41534||Vampos||Performer||Sporty||February 2015||59 pieces|
|Glowkie||#35||41535||Boogly||Performer||Snobby||February 2015||52 pieces|
Series 5 will be released in June 2015, and conists of the Klinkers, Frosticon Cousins and Lixers
|Klinker||#36||41536||Gox and Nixel||Member||Royal||June 2015||62 pieces|
|Klinker||#37||41537||Jinky||Member||Laid Back||June 2015||59 pieces|
|Klinker||#38||41538||Kamzo||Dweller||Moody||June 2015||58 pieces|
|Frosticon Cousin||#39||41539||Krog and Nixel||Garbage Disposal Unit||Perma Hungry||June 2015||60 pieces|
|Frosticon Cousin||#40||41540||Chilbo||Member||Puffed Up||June 2015||65 pieces|
|Frosticon Cousin||#41||41541||Snoof||Member||Bright Eyed||June 2015||52 pieces|
|Lixer||#42||41542||Spugg||Member||Curious||June 2015||51 pieces|
|Lixer||#43||41543||Turg and Nixel||Failed Experiment||Slob||June 2015||56 pieces|
|Lixer||#44||41544||Tungster||Member||Odd Looking||June 2015||60 pieces|
Series 6 will be released in October 2015. The two new tribes of this series are the "Weldos" and the "Munchos", along with three new Glorp Corp members.
|Weldo||#45||41545||Kramm and King Nixel||October 2015||68 pieces|
|Weldo||#46||41546||Forx||October 2015||65 pieces|
|Weldo||#47||41547||Wuzzo||October 2015||74 pieces|
|Glorp Corp||#48||41548||Dribbal||October 2015||52 pieces|
|Glorp Corp||#49||41549||Gurggle||October 2015||66 pieces|
|Glorp Corp||#50||41550||Slusho and Nixel||October 2015||53 pieces|
|Muncho||#51||41551||Snax||October 2015||51 pieces|
|Muncho||#52||41552||Berp and Nixel||October 2015||68 pieces|
|Muncho||#53||41553||Vaka-Waka||October 2015||69 pieces|
In 2014, Mixels won in the "Pocket Money" category at the London Toy Fair Best New Toy Awards.