Television Series Logo
|Format||Animated short series|
|Created by||John Fang & Dave Smith|
|Directed by||John Fang & Dave Smith|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||21 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Brian A. Miller and Jennifer Pelphrey (for Cartoon Network Studios)
Tramm Wigzell and Rob Sorcher (for Cartoon Network)
|Running time||1-2 minutes
30 seconds (High Five only)
7 minutes (Season 3 only)
|Production company(s)||Cartoon Network Studios
The Lego Group
|Original channel||Cartoon Network|
|Original run||February 12, 2014– Present|
Mixels is a 2014 American short form comedy animated television series airing on Cartoon Network. The series first aired on February 11, 2014 with Teen Titans Go!. The Lego Group and Cartoon Network Studios produced the series together with the help of world class animators, voice actors, and toy designers. The series revolves around the Mixels, small creatures that can mix and combine with one another in creative and unpredictable storylines. Although previous Lego series, such as Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu and Legends of Chima, use CGI animation, Mixels makes use of Toon Boom Harmony software.
A mobile app was released for the series on March 4, 2014, named Calling All Mixels, and even earlier a website was launched where everyone can learn about the Mixels. Three series of collectible Lego building toys will release, based on the characters.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Characters
- 3 Episodes
- 4 Merchandise
- 5 Awards
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Mixels involves many different, fun-loving tribes - each tribe having a different color scheme - who inhabit a fantasy land of adventure and wonder. They can mix (combining two Mixels), max (combining all three Mixels of the same tribe), and murp (when a mix goes horribly wrong) in all kinds of situations, using the mysterious cubits. All that stands in their way are the small, evil Nixels. In the Mixel world, a lot of things are a combination of two other things, including coconapples (which are a combination of coconuts and apples), cookironis (which are a combination of cookies and macaroni), and balóñatas (which are a combination of balloons and piñatas).
Characters that are leaders are highlighted italic, and the non-leaders stay normal.
A tribe based on fire. When all 3 combine, they become a bipedal dragon-like creature with fire breath. Their cubits are red.
- Flain − (Voiced by Tom Kenny) Flain is the adventurous leader and known as “the smart one” of the group. But beware, if Flain thinks too hard that massive brain of his will soon catch fire!
- Vulk − (Voiced by Jess Harnell) One-Eyed Vulk is the strong but dim-witted member of the Infernite tribe. The scorching-hot hands of Vulk can melt escape routes through solid rock and fend off Nixels.
- Zorch − (Voiced by David P. Smith (Voice Actor)) The fiery jets from this cheeky Mixel’s backside leave Nixels standing in a cloud of smoke! He is also a skilled prankster.
A tribe based on rock. When all 3 combine, they become a giant humanoid rock golem that can turn into a boulder that can roll at enemies. Their cubits are grey.
- Krader − (Voiced by David P. Smith) Super-strong Krader is the tough, short-fused, no-nonsense leader of the Cragsters. With his attitude, he makes sure no one dares mess with him. Krader is also one tough Mixel who can bulldoze through rock and dig deep pits to trap Nixels.
- Seismo − (Voiced by Tom Kenny) Seismo is a quiet and shy Cragster with huge feet that can cause an earthquake or an avalanche to bury Nixels in them.
- Shuff − (Voiced by Jess Harnell) Shuff is super helpful, super friendly, and super super clumsy. This Mixel likes to help but usually ends up accidentally smashing everything.
A tribe based on electricity. When all 3 combine, they become a bipedal lion-like creature who can shoot electricity from his tail. Their cubits are yellow.
- Teslo − (Voiced by Tom Kenny) Teslo is the lookout for the yellow tribe of Electroids. He has an electrically charged tail but is afraid of heights!
- Zaptor − (Voiced by Jess Harnell) Zaptor is the super-charged adrenaline junkie of the Electroids. He can release massive blasts of energy and blinding light. He is best friends with Vulk. He loves Hamlogna sandwiches.
- Volectro − (Voiced by David P. Smith) Volectro is a scatter-brained Electroid who has constantly been made to emit loads of static energy by one too many electric shocks, which draws all kinds of weird things into that mega hairdo of his!
A tribe based on ice. They live in the icy popsicle lands in frozen volcanoes. Their cubits are dark blue. When all three combine, they become a blue dinosaur-like creature with claws of ice.
- Slumbo − (Voiced by Fred Tatasciore) Slumbo is the sleepiest and dreamiest of the Frosticons, a blue Mixel tribe which hails from the frozen crystalline shells of dead volcanoes. It takes an earthquake to wake this guy up, believe it or not. But when Slumbo is awake, this lazy Frosticon has the muscle to move giant objects and make obstacles for Nixels. But beware, Slumbo can get a brain freeze from making ice tunnels. He falls asleep at the most inopportune times, like mid-way through lunch or while falling off the side of a cliff.
- Lunk − (Voiced by Billy West) The unbelievably slow Lunk makes other members of the permanently chilled-out Frosticon tribe seem positively energetic. Lunk may not be the brainiest, or most graceful when waddling across ice balancing on his stubby hands, but that thick ice exoskeleton makes this Mixel incredibly durable. And one sneeze from Lunk can instantly freeze a Nixel in an ice cube! Lunk likes playing slingshot with Balk and somehow seems to be best friends with him. He is also best friends with Tentro.
- Flurr − (Voiced by Phil LaMarr) Flurr is the leader of the chilled-out tribe Frosticons, a blue Mixel tribe that hails from the frozen crystalline shells of dead volcanoes, and he is only tribe member who never seems sleepy and this curious creature likes to fly around and explore the Frosticons lands. Flurr is great at spotting invading Nixels far away but sometimes misses the most obvious things!
A tribe based on teeth, who live on farms with totems and make food for their appetites. When they all combine together, they form a brown bear-like creature. Their cubits are brown.
- Chomly − (Voiced by Phil LaMarr) Chomly is a lazy, trash-compacting Mixel who will try to crunch just about anything. This habit cost Chomly a tooth once and now its smile has a golden gleam. As a member of the Fang Gang, the tribe with the biggest appetite, this close-talking Mixel has bad breath. So you wouldn’t want to be stuck next to Chomly at a Fang Gang food party, but that stinking breath comes in handy for repelling Nixels!
- Gobba − (Voiced by Billy West) Gobba lives with the rest of the hungry Fang Gang tribe on a weird farm where they try to plant anything to see if it grows into food. The Fang Gang can go seriously crazy if their stomachs are empty, so use Gobba’s amazingly sensitive tongue to seek out the best food on their homeland and avoid the things that are less tasty. Some say Gobba can even taste feelings – sadness is very salty!
- Jawg − (Voiced by Fred Tatasciore) As the fiercely loyal and energetic member of the Fang Gang, Jawg will stop at nothing, to protect and help this quirky Mixel tribe and use his indestructible teeth, to help his tribe members reach victory. He and the other tribe members live on a farm where they plant anything to try and grow more food to satisfy their massive appetites. Jawg is a bit of an animal, and won’t hesitate to bite intruders with those incredibly huge, fang-like teeth. Beware of Jawg!
A tribe based on flexibility. They live in the Sproingylands, using their stretchtastic talents to fight Nixels. When all three combine, they become a hermit crab-like creature. Their cubits are orange.
- Kraw − Kraw might be short but the leader of the orange tribe of Flexers, which live in the remote Rubberlands, is one confident character. Claiming to be the smartest Mixel in the world, Kraw loves to challenge anyone to a quiz, but this round-bodied Flexer’s main strength is to make like a bouncy, rubber super ball to evade or smash Nixels.
- Tentro − (Voiced by Phil LaMarr) The incredibly elasticated Tentro is one of the most powerful of the Flexers tribe from the Rubberlands. Despite being strong and super-intelligent, Tentro lacks confidence. No one knows why, though, because this flexible Mixel has tentacles that pack a huge punch and the ability to climb any surface and capture any Nixel that attacks.
- Balk − (Voiced by Billy West) Balk might be the slowest of the Flexers tribe, but this Mixel’s mallet-like head can hit, pummel and crush whatever gets in the way. All that head-butting has bashed Balk’s brain cells, so this hammer-headed Mixel can be forgetful and find it hard to spit out the right words. But there’s no one better to defend the Rubberlands, where the Flexers live, from Nixel invasions.
A tribe based on goo or snot. They all live in a castle in the deepest part of a deep swamp. When all three joined their forces, they combine into a squirrel-like creature. Their cubits are green.
- Glomp - (Voiced by Matt Taylor) Glomp is the leader of a green, gooey tribe of thrill-seekers known as the Glorp Corp. The crazier the better for one-eyed Glomp who is always hatching hair-brained schemes and playing goofy games. And don’t get too close – He always has slimy hands and a runny nose!
- Glurt - (Voiced by Bumper Robinson) This slimy hound-like creature is the most excitable member of the swamp-dwelling Glorp Corp tribe. Glurt has a pointy tail, yapping mouth, and slobbers with delight when he sees anyone. An avid garbage collector, he gobbles up all the trash and cleans up after the rest of the Glorp Corp.
- Torts - (Voiced by Carlos Alazraqui) Torts has bulky feet and is the slowest moving of the Glorp Corp tribe from the swamps. A slob who enjoys playing for thrills, Torts shoots gloopy, green slime from his hands. Everything sticks to this turtle-like creature-which is great fun when goofing around and perfect for catching a Nixel or two!
A tribe based on spikes. The three are defensive and spin rapidly. Their cubits are light tan. When all three join forces,they form into a dinosaur-like creature.
- Footi - (Voiced by Bumper Robinson) Keep on moving with Footi, with Mohawk hair, and his super long legs and sharp toenails.
- Hoogi - (Voiced by Matt Taylor) Get handy with Hoogi, with huge hands for crashing and smashing stuff. He may be clumsy and slow, but he's witty and curious.
- Scorpi - The leader of the playful Spikels tribe and cutest Mixel of all, Scorpi loves pillow fights, sleepovers and chatting all night. Always viewing life with a sense of wonder, this bug-eyed creature scuttles around on his centipede-like legs seeking fun. The cutest-looking of the Spikels loves to hug and snuggle, but beware of that dangerous pointy tail!
A tribe based on magic. All three can turn invisible and have different patterns on their bodies. When they all combine together, they form into a magical griffin-like creature. Their cubits are purple.
- Mesmo - (Voiced by Carlos Alazraqui) A traveling magic troupe, the Wiztastics tribe is known for putting on the most spectacular shows in the land! Mesmo certainly looks the part with those expressive wizard-hat eyelids, goatee beard and a magic tail that drops spells. The only problem is that this magician’s assistant lacks showmanship. Help Mesmo peacock those huge wings and steal the show!
- Magnifo - (Voiced by Brian Stepanek) As the smartest and most serious of the Wiztastics, the purple tribe of traveling magicians. This one-eyed creature and leader of the Wiztastics with a wizard’s hat and cape plus 2 magic wands puts loads of energy into every show with the help of his bumbling assistants. And even if you think Magnifo’s magic act is cheesy, don’t tell this super-confident character or the rest of the Wiztastics – they love it!
- Wizwuz - (Voiced by Bumper Robinson) Wizwuz is the over-enthusiastic magician’s assistant in the Wiztastics traveling troupe. On stage, this goofy, six-legged character is constantly messing up, but it doesn’t matter because the wild antics are half the fun. Whether burping spells or hanging from the ceiling, Wizwuz simply loves to perform and is sure to have the audience laughing their heads off!
Nixels (Voiced by Fred Tatasciore) are creatures who are enemies of the Mixels, and like to steal and destroy cubits, to stop Mixels from creating any combinations. This is because they consider themselves far superior to the Mixels, but are only able to say, "Nixels", "Nix", "Mixels" or "Mix", blow raspberries, whistle, laugh, sputter, yell, inhale, exhale and scream. They have white bodies with no arms, and they can pop out of their shells and walk around.
- Major Nixel − (Voiced by Fred Tatasciore) Major Nixel is the leader of the Nixels. Unlike the other Nixels, he can speech. He treats the other Nixels like a tornado treats cars, throwing and kicking them to get him some cubits.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)||DVD Releases|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||11||February 12, 2014||May 5, 2014||TBA|
|2||9||May 21, 2014||July 28, 2014|
|3||TBA||August 31, 2014||TBA|
The Lego Group will be handling all toy merchandise for the Mixels franchise, and Cartoon Network will handle all non-toy merchandising. The Lego Mixels buildable collectible figurines went on sale in March 2014 for a retail price of $5 each. Each character has their own set, and nine were released as part of series one. For each tribe, one of the three sets will contain a Nixel. Series two was released at the end of May. Series three was released at the end of August.
Series 1 was released in March 2014, and consists of the Infernites, Cragsters, and Electroids tribes.
|Infernite||41500||Flain||Mar. 2014||58 pieces|
|Infernite||41501||Vulk and Nixel||Mar. 2014||69 pieces|
|Infernite||41502||Zorch||Mar. 2014||45 pieces|
|Cragster||41503||Krader and Nixel||Mar. 2014||66 pieces|
|Cragster||41504||Seismo||Mar. 2014||50 pieces|
|Cragster||41505||Shuff||Mar. 2014||51 pieces|
|Electroid||41506||Teslo and Nixel||Mar. 2014||54 pieces|
|Electroid||41507||Zaptor||Mar. 2014||61 pieces|
|Electroid||41508||Volectro||Mar. 2014||70 pieces|
Series 2 was released in May 2014, and consists of the Frosticons, the Fang Gang, and the Flexers tribes.
|Frosticon||41509||Slumbo and Nixel||May 2014||61 pieces|
|Frosticon||41510||Lunk||May 2014||51 pieces|
|Frosticon||41511||Flurr||May 2014||46 pieces|
|Fang Gang||41512||Chomly and Nixel||May 2014||68 pieces|
|Fang Gang||41513||Gobba||May 2014||57 pieces|
|Fang Gang||41514||Jawg||May 2014||61 pieces|
|Flexer||41515||Kraw||May 2014||70 pieces|
|Flexer||41516||Tentro||May 2014||69 pieces|
|Flexer||41517||Balk and Nixel||May 2014||68 pieces|
Series 3 was released in August 2014, and consists of the Glorp Corp, the Spikels, and the Wiztastics tribes.
|Glorp Corp||41518||Glomp||Aug 2014||64 pieces|
|Glorp Corp||41519||Glurt and Nixel||Aug 2014||62 pieces|
|Glorp Corp||41520||Torts||Aug 2014||48 pieces|
|Spikel||41521||Footi||Aug 2014||72 pieces|
|Spikel||41522||Scorpi||Aug 2014||70 pieces|
|Spikel||41523||Hoogi and Nixel||Aug 2014||69 pieces|
|Wiztastic||41524||Mesmo||Aug 2014||64 pieces|
|Wiztastic||41525||Magnifo and Nixel||Aug 2014||61 pieces|
|Wiztastic||41526||Wizwuz||Aug 2014||70 pieces|
In 2014, Mixels won in the Pocket Money category at the London Toy Fair Best New Toy Awards.
- Cartoon Network and The LEGO Group Mix It Up Globally with MIXELS