From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Miyama, Gifu)
Not to be confused with Yamagata, Yamagata.
Location of Yamagata in Gifu Prefecture
|• Mayor||Hiromasa Hayashi|
|• Total||222.04 km2 (85.73 sq mi)|
|Population (July 2012)|
|• Density||130/km2 (340/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|- Flower||Japanese bellflower|
|Address||1000-1 Takaki, Yamagata-shi, Gifu-ken
|Website||City of Yamagata|
Yamagata is located in south-west Gifu Prefecture, north of Gifu city (the prefectural capital of Gifu).
- The modern city of Yaamagata was established on April 1, 2003, from the merger of the towns of Miyama and Takatomi, and the village of Ijira (all from Yamagata District).
- The name, Yamagata, has already existed in one of the oldest Japanese family registry which was published in 702 and has been stored in Shosoin, Nara. This fact means that Yamagata is one of the oldest place names in Japanese history.
- Yamagata High School
- Takatomi Junior High School
- Ijira Junior High School
- Miyama Junior High School
- Takatomi Elementary School
- Tomioka Elementary School
- Umehara Elementary School
- Oga Elementary School
- Sakurao Elementary School
- Ijira Minami Elementary School
- Ijira Kita Elementary School
- Miyama Elementary School
- Iwazakura Elementary School
Yamagata has one sister city:
Media related to Yamagata, Gifu at Wikimedia Commons
- Yamagata City official website (Japanese)
|This Gifu Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|