Miyazaki Prefecture (宮崎県 Miyazaki-ken) is a prefecture of Japan located on the island of Kyushu. The capital is the city of Miyazaki.
Historically, after the Meiji Restoration, Hyūga Province was renamed Miyazaki Prefecture.
Miyazaki Prefecture is located on the eastern coast of the island of Kyushu, surrounded by the Pacific Ocean to the south and east, Ōita Prefecture to the north, and Kumamoto and Kagoshima Prefectures to the west. It is one of only two locations on Earth where the fungus Chorioactis geaster is found. Miyazaki is also the home of the hyuganatsu fruit.
As of April 1, 2012, 12% of the total land area of the prefecture was designated as Natural Parks, namely the Kirishima-Yaku National Park; Kyūshū Chūō Sanchi, Nichinan Kaigan, Nippō Kaigan, and Sobo-Katamuki Quasi-National Parks; and Mochio-Sekinoo, Osuzu, Saitobaru-Sugiyasukyō, Sobo Katamuki, Wanitsuka, and Yatake Kōgen Prefectural Natural Parks.
Oyodo River in Miyazaki City
Cape Toi, which habitat place of Cycas revoluta (Sotetsu
Map of Miyazaki Prefecture
Nine cities are located in Miyazaki Prefecture:
These are the towns and villages of each district:
The sports teams listed below are based in Miyazaki.
Basketball (Bj League)
- Miyazaki Shining Suns (Miyazaki City)
- ^ Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Miyazaki prefecture" at Annales des empereurs du japon, p. 651, p. 651, at Google Books.
- ^ Nussbaum, "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780, p. 780, at Google Books.
- ^ Nagao H, Kurogi S, Kiyota E, Sasatomi K. (2009). "Kumanasamuha geaster sp. nov., an anamorph of Chorioactis geaster from Japan". Mycologia 101 (6): 871–877. doi:10.3852/08-121. PMID 19927753.
- ^ "General overview of area figures for Natural Parks by prefecture". Ministry of the Environment. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
Coordinates: 32°1′N 131°21′E / 32.017°N 131.350°E