Miyoshi Station (Hiroshima)
(See other stations in Hiroshima)
|Neighborhood etc.||1-1, Tōkaichi Minami 1-chōme|
|Former names||Tōkaichi Station
Bingo Tōkaichi Station
|Present name since||1954|
|Line(s)||Fukuen Line, Geibi Line, Sankō Line|
|Statistics||664 passengers/day 2009|
|Medium bus terminal at this station|
Miyoshi Station (三次駅 Miyoshi-eki?) is a JR West Geibi, Sankō, and Fukuen Line railway station located in Miyoshi, Hiroshima, Japan. Along with Niimi and Tsuyama Stations, Miyoshi is one of the major central region stations in the Chūgoku region of the island of Honshū. Miyoshi is the terminal station for both the Sankō and Fukuen Lines.
Miyoshi Station is a reinforced concrete two-story building, operated by JR West. It features two platforms which handle four lines: one platform next to the station building and an island platform accessible via an enclosed footbridge above the tracks. The station building houses a small convenience store as well as automatic ticket vending machines and a "Green Window" ticket window. There is a large waiting area inside the station building, as well as enclosed and unenclosed waiting areas on the platforms.
- Platform 0: Sankō Line (for Gōtsu)
- Platform 1: Geibi Line (for Hiroshima and Niimi), Fukuen Line (for Fuchū)
- Platform 2: Geibi Line (for Hiroshima or Niimi), Fukuen Line (for Fuchū)
- Platform 3: Geibi Line (for Hiroshima or Niimi), Fukuen Line (for Fuchū)
|Terminus||Rapid "Miyoshi Liner"||Kōtachi|
Miyoshi Station was known for a long time as (Bingo) Tōkaichi Station and acts as the heart of the transportation in the northern parts of Hiroshima Prefecture since opening. This name was derived from the former Tōkaichi-chō, which is found between the former Miyoshi-chō and Futago-chō. The current station name is derived from the time when "Tōkaichi-chō" and "Miyoshi-chō" merged to form the city of Miyoshi, and Tōkaichi Station, which was in the heart of the city, was renamed to match the name of the city.
- 1 January 1930: The station opens as Tōkaichi Station on the Geibi Railway.
- 1 June 1933: The station is renamed Bingo Tōkaichi, following nationalization of the railroads.
- 10 December 1954: The station is renamed Miyoshi, becoming the main station in Miyoshi.
- 1 April 1987: Miyoshi Station becomes a JR West station following the privatization of Japan National Railways.
- Miyoshi Post Office
- Miyoshi CC Plaza (shopping center)
- Sungreen (shopping center)
- Miyoshi Municipal Tōkaichi Junior High School
- Miyoshi Municipal Tōkaichi Elementary School
- Basen River
- Gōno River
- Chūgoku Expressway Miyoshi Interchange
- National Route 183
- National Route 375
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miyoshi Station (Hiroshima).|
- JR West (Japanese)