|• Town Head||Vasyl Schur|
|• Total||4.58 km2 (1.77 sq mi)|
|Elevation||437 m (1,434 ft)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code||+380 3146|
Mizhhirya (Ukrainian: Міжгір'я; Yiddish: וואלאווע, Volovo) is an urban-type settlement in Zakarpattia Oblast (province) in western Ukraine. The town is also the administrative center of Mizhhirya Raion (district), housing the district's local administration buildings. The town's population was 9,656 as of the 2001 Ukrainian Census. Current population: 9,616 (2013 est.).
The settlement was first mentioned in 1415 as a possession of the Hungarian feudal lords. It was part of the Kingdom of Hungary (from the 11th century to 1918 and from 1938–1944) as the settlement of Ökörmező in the Máramaros County and Ökörmező District. From 1918 to 1938, the settlement was a part of Czechoslovakia as Mežhorje. In 1947, its status was upgraded to that of an urban-type settlement.
- "Kol'chyno (Zakarpattia Oblast, Mukachevo Raion)". weather.in.ua. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "Mizhhirya, Zakarpattia Oblast, Mizhhirya Raion". Regions of Ukraine and their Structure (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Mizhhirya, Ukraine". KehilaLinks. JewishGen. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "Mizhhirya". Site of the Mizhhirya District Council (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "Official website". Official website (in Russian). Retrieved 18 May 2012.
|This article about a location in Zakarpattia Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|