Mizoram Board of School Education
|Type||Governmental Board of School Education|
|Headquarters||Aizawl, Mizoram, India|
|Official language||English and Mizo|
The Mizoram Board of School Education (MBSE) is an autonomous governmental body for academic administration in Mizoram, India, having its jurisdiction from elementary to higher secondary education. It was established by the Government of Mizoram (then the Union Territory of India) in 1975 by the Mizoram Board of School Education Act. It has the power to regulate, supervise and control school education in Mizoram. Its primary function is to prepare academic programmes and organise examinations, especially for state level High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) and Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC). From 2012, the board also conducts State Technical Entrance Examination (STEE) for entry into technical courses such as engineering, medicine, veterinary science, pharmacy, nursing, homoeopathy, and dentistry.
The Mizoram Board of School Education was established in 1975 by the MBSE Act. The act was approved by the Legislative Assembly of the Mizoram Union Territory, at that time the administrative head was the Chief Executive Member Ch. Chhunga. The board as an autonous authority in education started functioning on 2 December 1976.
According to the MBSE (Second Amendment) Act 2008, the governing board consists of:
- The Chairman, who is the Chairman of MBSE
- Member Secretary, who is the state Secretary of education
- Director of Higher and Technical Education
- Director of Art and Culture
- Director of Sports and Youth Services
- Director of Agriculture
- Director of Health Services
- Engineer-in-Chief, Public Works Department
- Joint Director, SCERT
- One Principal of a college in Mizoram
- Principal, College of Teachers' Education
- One Principal from District Institute of Education & Training
- One District Education Officer
- Registrar, Mizoram University
In addition members are appointed from any Principal of higher secondary school, Headmaster of high school, Headmaster of middle school, representative of each District Councils, one Member of Legislative Assembly, and one female educationist.
- it provides recognition to schools and institutes, and also monitors their administrative work
- it maintain quality education by prescribing curricular structure and recommending textbooks
- it takes the responsibility of conducting exams and publishes results
- it maintains co-ordination with the state government for any educational matters
- it motivates students and as well as teachers by conducting interactive programs
- it prescribes syllabus for its regular and vocational courses
- it regulates examinations for both regular and private candidates
- "MBSE to conduct Technical Entrance Exam on May 15". MIZONEWS.NET. 14 May 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- Ignatia (2 March 2012). "MBSE Chairman thar atan Rev. Dr. Lalchungnunga" [Rev. Dr. Lalchungnunga for new MBSE Chairman]. mi(sual).com (in Mizo). Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "Mizoram Board of School Education". Edumate. Edumate Services Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "The Mizoram Board of School Education (Second Amendment) Act, 2008". The Mizoram Gazette. Government of Mizoram. 28 April 2008. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "Mizoram Board". edurite.com. Pearson Education Services. 2011. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- Guru (12 March 2010). "The Mizoram Board of School Education". CBSE Portal. Retrieved 18 September 2013.