Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Peter Macdonald|
|Produced by||Michael Rachmil|
|Written by||Damon Wayans|
|Music by||Jay Gruska|
|Editing by||Hubert C. de la Bouillerie|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|Running time||97 minutes|
|Box office||$40,227,006 |
Mo' Money is a 1992 American criminal comedy film directed by Peter Macdonald, and written by Damon Wayans, who also starred in the film. The film co-stars Stacey Dash, Joe Santos, John Diehl, Harry Lennix and Marlon Wayans. The film was released in the United States on July 24, 1992.
Johnny Stewart (Damon Wayans) is a lifelong con-man who meets a girl, Amber Evans (Stacey Dash), and tries to impress her by cleaning up his act and doing things the honest way. He becomes a mailroom clerk at the credit card firm where she works and soon finds that he needs money to impress Amber. So, he develops a scheme to commit identity theft (though this term was not used for the crime in 1992) with the credit card information of deceased cardholders that he has access to due to his mailroom position. He justifies his actions because he knows that he is only stealing from the company and not harming the individual cardholders.
With the help of his brother and fellow conman (Marlon Wayans), he charges large amounts of money to the cards with the intention of impressing Amber. The supervisor, Keith Heading (John Diehl) (who is responsible for a virtual stolen credit card empire) records Johnny stealing a returned credit card, and cons him into joining his credit card ring.
- Damon Wayans — Johnny Stewart / Anton Jackson (cameo)
- Stacey Dash — Amber Evans
- Joe Santos — Lt. Raymond Walsh
- John Diehl — Keith Heading
- Bernie Mac — Club Doorman
- Harry J. Lennix — Tom Dilton
- Marlon Wayans — Seymour Stewart
- Mark Beltzman — Chris Fields
- Quincy Wong — Eddie
- Kevin Casey — Lloyd
- Larry Brandenburg — Businessman
- Garfield — Rock
- Alma Yvonne — Charlotte
- Richard E. Butler — Ted Forrest
- Matt Doherty — Kid
- Evan Lionel Smith — Detective Mills
- Kári sig - The Man
- Rondi Reed - District Attorney
It is set and filmed at Chicago, Illinois in 64 days on July 16 and September 18, 1991.
Mo Money debuted at No.1 at the US box office.
- "Mo' Money (1992)". Box Office Mojo. 1992-09-08. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- "Mo Money(1992)". Yahoo movies. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "MOVIE REVIEW : 'Mo' Money' Overdoses on Blood, Guts". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "‘Mo’ Money’ (R)". Washington Post. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "‘Mo’ Money’". Variety. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "Review/Film; A Scruffy Street Hustler In the Corporate World". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "'Mo' Money' Takes In Most Money". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
|This 1990s crime film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This film article about a 1990s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|