From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up mob in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Mob commonly refers to a crowd of people (from Latin mobile vulgus, ).
Mob or mobbing may also refer to: Crowded People
In bullying and intimidation
- Mob (video gaming), a monster or non-player character in a computer game, short for "mobile"
- Smart mob, a temporary self-structuring social organization, coordinated through telecommunication
In law, law enforcement, and politics
- Mobbing (Scots law)
- An angry mob; see ochlocracy
- The Mobile Party, the people in the streets, appealed to by an English politician lacking support in Parliament (17th & 18th centuries). "A politician who lacked backing in Parliament referred to his “mobile party”— the people in the streets. (This was the origin of “mob.”)" T.R. Fehrenbach
In other uses
MOB may mean:
- Money Over Bitches, slang used by Ross Landry in Atlanta, but originated in his home state of Louisiana
- Magyar Olimpiai Bizottság, National Olympic Committee of Hungary
- Mail-order bride, a woman who publishes her intent to marry someone from another country
- Main Operating Base, an overseas, permanently manned, well protected base, used to support permanently deployed forces, and with robust sea and/or air access
- Man overboard, a person has fallen off a boat or ship into the water and is in need of rescue
- Marching Owl Band, the Rice University "marching band"
- Mars or Bust, a slogan used within the American Scientific Community to promote a manned space mission to the planet Mars
- Mission of Burma, an American post-punk band formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1979
- Mobile offshore base, a concept for supporting military operations where conventional land bases are not available
- Mobile Regional Airport (IATA airport code), located in Mobile, Alabama
- Montreux-Oberland Bernois, Swiss railway
- Movable object block, used in computer graphics
- Member of Bloods, a member of the Bloods street gang
- Motos Operacionais de Bombeiros, motorcycles used as ambulances in Brazil: see Motorcycle ambulance#Brazil
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.