Mobile.Info is a technical platform for the distribution of traffic information and other location-coded services. It was developed between 2004 and 2006 by an industry consortium and successfully tested during 2007 in a series of large-scale field trials. The introduction of first operational services is expected for 2008.
The Mobile.Info consortium
The following companies were involved in the development of the Mobile.Info platform:
- Audi AG
- Bayern Digital Radio GmbH
- Bayerische Motoren Werke AG
- Blaupunkt GmbH
- Daimler AG
- DDG Gesellschaft für Verkehrsdaten mbH
- GEWI Hard- und Software Entwicklungsgesellschaft
- Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltung
- Siemens VDO Automotiv AG
- T-Systems International GmbH, Media & Broadcast
- Volkswagen AG
The project management and administration was performed by K&S GmbH Projektmanagement.
The work of the Mobile.Info consortium, specifically the development and standardization of new services and applications, is from 2008 on continued within the Traveller Information Services Association TISA.