Mobile Industry Processor Interface
|Industry||Mobile and Mobile-Influenced|
|Number of locations||Global|
The MIPI® Alliance (MIPI) is an open membership organization that develops interface specifications for mobile and mobile-influenced industries. Founded in 2003 by ARM, Intel, Nokia, Samsung, STMicroelectronics and Texas Instruments. In 2013,the organization has more than 220 member companies worldwide, 12 active working groups and has delivered more than 30 specifications within the mobile ecosystem in the last decade.
MIPI specifications provide interface solutions for mobile handsets. As the traditional mobile ecosystem has expanded to include tablets, laptops and more, MIPI’s roadmap will produce specifications beyond mobile phones and includes specs applicable to mobile-influenced devices such as tablets, PCs, cameras, industrial electronics, Machine to Machine (IoT) and augmented reality technologies. Expanding markets or industries may include automotive, medical, and software.
MIPI members  are composed of handset manufacturers, device OEMs, software providers, semiconductor companies, application processor developers, IP tool providers, test and test equipment companies, as well as camera, tablet and laptop manufacturers.
MIPI Working Groups
- Analog Control Interface
- Battery Interface
- High Speed Synchronous Interface
- Low Latency Interface
- Low Speed Multipoint Link
- NAND Software
- Peripheral and Interconnect Low-level Framework
- RF Front-End
- Sensor Investigation Group
- Software Birds of a Feather
- System Power Management
- Technical Steering Group
- Test Working Group
MIPI Partner Organizations
Originally standing for Mobile Industry Processor Interface, this name has been declared obsolete, and replaced with the term MIPI, which no longer has specific meaning.
- Mobile Chip Interface Gets Real Merritt, Rick “EE Times”, US, 13 February 2006.
- "Frequently Asked Questions". MIPI Alliance. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- MIPI interface finds use in medical and automotive applications Rubenstein, Roy, "NewElectronics", UK, 11 June 2013
-  Viswanath, Somnath Arasan Chip Systems, US, retrieved 29 May 2013
- "MIPI Membership Directory". MIPI Alliance. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "MIPI Working Groups". MIPI Alliance. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "Frequently Asked Questions". MIPI Alliance. What does "MIPI" stand for?. Retrieved 11 May 2013.