Mobile World Congress
|GSMA Mobile World Congress|
|Venue||Fira de Barcelona|
The GSMA Mobile World Congress is a combination of the world's largest exhibition for the mobile industry and a conference featuring prominent executives representing mobile operators, device manufacturers, technology providers, vendors and content owners from across the world. The event, initially named as GSM World Congress and later renamed as the 3GSM World Congress, is still often referred to as 3GSM or 3GSM World.
The GSMA Mobile World Congress currently takes place in February at the Fira Gran Via venue in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. The annual attendance is generally between 60,000-70,000 people. Up until 2006 the event took place in Cannes and was known as 3GSM World. Attendees represent more than 200 countries from across the globe.
The dates for Mobile World Congress 2014 have been announced as 24-27 February, 2014.
Past event dates
- The 2013 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 25–28 February at Fira Gran Via, in Barcelona, Spain.
- The 2012 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 27 February to 1 March, 2012.
- The 2011 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from February 14–17, 2011
- The 2010 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from February 15–18, 2010
- The 2009 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from February 16–19, 2009
- "GSMA Mobile. World Congress".
- "MWC claims 60,000 visitors as dates shift". Global Telecoms Business.
- GSMA Launches Mobile World Congress 2013 ""
- GSMA Mobile World Congress 2013 Sets New Records ""
- "NAVV MWC Review iPhone Navigation". iPhoneAppsDir.
- GSMA Names Barcelona first GSMA Mobile. World Capital"" July 22, 2011.
- Peter Clarke, EE Times. "Barcelona selected to host MWC through 2018." July 22, 2011. Retrieved July 25, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mobile World Congress.|