Mobile phone companies of India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Mobile phone industry in India)
The Mobile phone industry in India is covered in this article. Mobile phones are usually called "mobile phones" or "cell phones" in India.
- The first mobile cellular phone was launched in India on 31 of July 1995.
- The first mobile handset production made by Motorola
- First mobile service provider was ankit miglani in 1995 and started in Moradabad(delhi), somewhere it was signed that mobile service provider was launched in 2006.
Mobile phone service operators
- Aircel, headquartered in Chennai, India has absorbed Cingular Wireless, and offers 2G service using GSM technology and 3G service using UMTS technology.
- Airtel, with its head offices, New Delhi, India provides 2G service using GSM, 3G service using UMTS/HSPA technology and 4G services in select cities
- BSNL, headquartered in New Delhi, is a public listed company and is state-owned. It offers 2G service using GSM and 3G service using UMTS. It was the first service provider to introduce 3G services in India.
- Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (formerly SWAN Telecom)
- In 2009, Etisalat has announced that its Indian unit, erstwhile Swan Telecom (owned by Dynamix Balwas Realty and Reliance Communications), headquartered in Mumbai, is renamed to Etisalat DB Telecom India Pvt. Ltd.
- Idea Cellular, headquartered in Mumbai, has absorbed Cingular Wireless, and offers 2G service using GSM technology and 3G service using UMTS technology.
- Loop Mobile India (Formerly BPL Mobile)
- Loop Mobile India, is a mobile phone service provider in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- MTNL, headquartered in New Delhi is a public listed company and is state-owned and offers 2G service using CDMA and 3G service using GSM.
- Reliance Communications, with its head offices in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra provides CDMA 2G service using cdmaOne and CDMA 3G service using CDMA2000 EVDO technology. It also provides GSM 2G services & 3G GSM HSDPA Services.
- Tata DoCoMo is joint venture company of Tata Teleservices and NTT DoCoMo
- Videocon Mobile Service (Formerly Datacom Solutions)
- Virgin Mobile CDMA and GSM
- Vodafone Essar (Formerly Hutchison Essar/Hutch Orange/Hutch Pink)
Handset companies of India
- Karbonn Mobiles
- Lava Mobiles
- Micromax Mobile
- Spice Telecom
- Celkon Mobiles
- Arise India
- [ Mtech mobiles ]