From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Moccasin is a form of shoe worn by Native Americans, as well as by hunters, traders, and settlers in the frontier regions of North America.
Moccasin may also refer to:
- Moccasin (horse), an American Thoroughbred racehorse
- Moccasin, Arizona, a place in Mojave County
- Moccasin, Plumas County, California
- Moccasin, Tuolumne County, California
- Moccasin, Montana
- Moccasin Bend, a location near Chattanooga, Tennessee, in the United States
- Moccasin Mountains, a range at the Arizona-Utah border
- Moccasin Township, Effingham County, Illinois
- The lady's slipper orchid, called the moccasin flower in the United States
- USS Moccasin (1864), a tug in commission from 1864 to 1865 that was assigned to the North Atlantic Blockading Squadron during the American Civil War
- USS Moccasin (SS-5), a Plunger-class submarine in commission from 1903 to 1919
- USS Moccasin (ID-1322), a refrigerated cargo ship in commission from 1918 to 1919
- USRC Moccasin (1865), a Revenue Cutter purchased from the U.S. Navy in 1865
- Any member of the genus Gloydius, also known as Asian moccasins, a group of venomous pit vipers found in Asia
- Any member of the genus Agkistrodon, a group of venomous pit vipers found in North and Central America
- Deinagkistrodon acutus, also known as the Chinese moccasin, a venomous pit viper species found in Southeast Asia
- Heterodon platirhinos, also known as the eastern hog-nosed snake, a non-venomous colubrid species found in North America
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.